Did I find my culprit ? Sps not happy. White bugs? Clear video

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Interesting. Regular strength coral rx ?
1699422430555.png

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woofta lol 3 pills large size for 110 gallons?? What is the highest dosage you have done and kept corrals and fish safe ? I think I read you have done a large pill per 50 gallons ? With this high of a dose 2 pills for 110g, is this a 3 treatments or one and done ?
I do 2 pills (23mg each) per 50g with no issues…..except for crustaceans obviously

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When doing dosages this high do you do multiple treatments or just one?
I mean do you still follow up in a week and then another week later for 3 higher doses ? Or just one heavy dose one day and done.
You can spread the treatments out to 2 weeks but I would still do 3 or 4.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have two packages of interceptor. I got one from a vet but before I could find a vet I ordered online and it just came. They sent me the wrong stuff that has prazi in it. Will I still be able to use this with prazi ?

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpeg
    IMG_1313.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From everything I have read it seems with the prazi is safe. I’m just wonder has anyone used the prazi version in 4-8 x dosages ?

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Little update for post. I added 2 23mg interceptor pills to 110 total gallons the second time. I lost my shrimp this time but I don’t see any white or black bugs on the acropora now. I will do third treatment in a week.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely looks like white bugs.
Yessir. I couldn’t figure out what was happening to my tank. I lost some expensive pieces to these despite meticulous care for tank. If you remember me posting on reef moonshiners Facebook I started with corrals kinda fading and turning pink.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to update 3 weeks after third treatment of interceptor.

I ended up doing 8x the recommended dose. So I did two large tablets interceptor(23g) to 110 gallons. The first treatment I tried half a tablet to 100 gallons and still saw white bugs. So I then did 3 treatments at 8x the dose. It amazes me how much damage the bugs were doing over a long period of time. My alk consumption is rising where it was stalled for 6 months before. I’m seeing PE on corrals that lost all PE. Colors are also coming out on corrals that browned. These bugs are very tiny and easily overlooked. Traditional dips don’t work on them. And they were tracking mainly my sps but also some LPS frogspawn. It affected roughly 8-9 acropora that I couldn’t even see the bugs on but now they are so much healthier they had to be infected. It’s extremely hard to see these bugs unless the corral is right up against the glass. I also lost some really nice pieces from what I would assume these. It took months to kill the corrals. Not a quick death but left un noticed for long enough they will indeed kill your corrals.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back