OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered in December, some of their new rock they developed. I was looking at it again a few days ago. One odd thing is originally the rock was labeled as Pukani (man made) and shortly after, they renamed it.
Yeh, I think they got yelled at because it was misleading, though I could be mistaken. I really liked the shapes of that rock when I was looking at it. I also really like the CaribSea Moani (Mined Rock) shapes.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh, I think they got yelled at because it was misleading, though I could be mistaken. I really liked the shapes of that rock when I was looking at it. I also really like the CaribSea Moani (Mined Rock) shapes.
The moani rock is a looker, but the price tho. Heck any of the 'live' rock prices... I'd rather buy the dead base stuff and wait it out a few years, lol

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moani rock is a looker, but the price tho. Heck any of the 'live' rock prices... I'd rather buy the dead base stuff and wait it out a few years, lol
~$2.30/lb is high? That's pretty cheap. It's $115.99 for 50lbs... Marco Reef Saver premium is $3.00/lb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be shocked if they shut down after developing that rock with Tropic Eden. It sounded like it was a big effort and took a while.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve just got an ‘in-stock’ product email from them, but the site is still down.

It can only have been down for a few days as I was browsing the site last week.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a DNS issue. This is what I got when I sent an email:
8385E9F7-4934-4165-B5AF-952B1E46644C.jpeg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if all of the doom and gloom around BRS, Bertram and the pushing out of the smaller players has begun?!?

Animated GIF

Hmmm...if only some people could have saw this coming and did something about it:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if all of the doom and gloom around BRS, Bertram and the pushing out of the smaller players has begun?!?

Animated GIF

Hmmm...if only some people could have saw this coming and did something about it:

I hope not! Premium Aquatics was my online go to. No tax. Well back to wheeling and dealing with my LFS stores.

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet the website is just down. Check back tomorrow. They are the Best in My opinion!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope not! Premium Aquatics was my online go to. No tax. Well back to wheeling and dealing with my LFS stores.
As a tax professional, I am not a big fan of the 'no tax' argument. Regardless of whether or not they actually CHARGED tax, you are still required to pay it. Anything less is a form of tax evasion and thus puts you in jeopardy if you ever get audited by the state. (I doubt they will, just pointing out the law). In 2018, the Wayfair decision actually REQUIRES that they collect sales tax if the state of the buyer requires it.

Anyway..this is one of the reasons I closed by BRS account before black Friday. Their giveaways drew so much to them that would normally be spread around that this was all but inevitable (granted..this is speculation). What is odd..this is probably the ONE time I would ever hope that it is just COVID and not them exiting the market. We are pulling for you Jason!!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a tax professional, I am not a big fan of the 'no tax' argument. Regardless of whether or not they actually CHARGED tax, you are still required to pay it. Anything less is a form of tax evasion and thus puts you in jeopardy if you ever get audited by the state. (I doubt they will, just pointing out the law). In 2018, the Wayfair decision actually REQUIRES that they collect sales tax if the state of the buyer requires it.

Anyway..this is one of the reasons I closed by BRS account before black Friday. Their giveaways drew so much to them that would normally be spread around that this was all but inevitable (granted..this is speculation). What is odd..this is probably the ONE time I would ever hope that it is just COVID and not them exiting the market. We are pulling for you Jason!!
Thanks, but I'm good on being preached to about taxation. No thanks to that. I pay WAY more than I should due to being not married and making a decent income due to owning a small business and working for a employer as it is.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a few orders from them this week. One arrived yesterday and the other shipped yesterday. I doubt they closed, likely just a website/tech issue.

I have noticed as of late their prices on many products beat BRS by a fair margin.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a few orders from them this week. One arrived yesterday and the other shipped yesterday. I doubt they closed, likely just a website/tech issue.

I have noticed as of late their prices on many products beat BRS by a fair margin.
Let's hope. Great company!!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but I'm good on being preached to about taxation. No thanks to that. I pay WAY more than I should due to being not married and making a decent income due to owning a small business and working for a employer as it is.
Sorry man..i come off very pedantically preachy when I talk about tax law. Kind of a hard topic not to sound preachy on when you are quoting rules. Friends?

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back