Did premium aquatics shut down?

VermontReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that this is a server issues on their end. A company with that much history doesnt just shut it doors overnight one random day. They have inventory and long standing customers. The fact that their email is down as well tell me it's a host/server issue. Either they're switching or it's completely down.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that this is a server issues on their end. A company with that much history doesnt just shut it doors overnight one random day. They have inventory and long standing customers. The fact that their email is down as well tell me it's a host/server issue. Either they're switching or it's completely down.
I hope you're right, but server issues over 3 days is quite uncommon in todays' market. As I stated previously, I tried the day before yesterday, yesterday, and today it's still down. This would be quite uncommon in today's internet. Even performing a tracert (Trace route) to their website yeilds an "Unable to resolve target" which means the hostname is no longer registered with an active DNS server and has been flushed from all the others.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry man..i come off very pedantically preachy when I talk about tax law. Kind of a hard topic not to sound preachy on when you are quoting rules. Friends?

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends
Deal.

Tax law is a touchy subject for me. Been paying the IRS yearly for a long time... It's depressing sometimes, lol. Trying to get ahead is expensive!

RBZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here this might answer some question.
From another thread a couple minutes ago.

Huge stock arriving in USA this week
Aqua Cave
Premium Aquatics
Saltwater Aquarium

So why would they keep ordering stock if they plan to shut down?

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here this might answer some question.
From another thread a couple minutes ago.

Huge stock arriving in USA this week
Aqua Cave
Premium Aquatics
Saltwater Aquarium

So why would they keep ordering stock if they plan to shut down?
I agree as said in my previous post, they are fine. The thread will evolve to a trainwreck, much like a VERY bad game of telephone. Now I just have to watch.

View Badges
Yea I want a bonsai frag rack they have and website down For a few days now, I'm glad this hobby taught me patience..lol

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let them know yesterday so I’m sure they’re working on it.
The "there isn't much we can do to figure out to fix it" makes me think they're not working on it because they don't see it as something they have control over. They just need to go to whoever they purchased their hostname from and point it at an active DNS server... it should resolve within 24 hours after that's done...

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, Reef Central is down for updates. Could BRS be starting their own forum!?
Reef central has been down for a few days as well. I am not a member there but I look there when I’m doing research and have been unable to access anything for a while!

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef central has been down for a few days as well. I am not a member there but I look there when I’m doing research and have been unable to access anything for a while!
yeh, but they have a notice on their page "Down for upgrades" or something. Not a "Page not found" error. At least it wasn't when I saw the news on facebook the other day.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeh, but they have a notice on their page "Down for upgrades" or something. Not a "Page not found" error. At least it wasn't when I saw the news on facebook the other day.
Do they have an 8 year old doing their updates? Most websites that go down for updates already have the updates ready, just go down to install new software and make small tweaks then are put back online.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have an 8 year old doing their updates? Most websites that go down for updates already have the updates ready, just go down to install new software and make small tweaks then are put back online.
Not sure, but it could also just be an upgrade message in lieu of them shutting the forums down completely. That place was pretty dead and all of the relevant posts were from a decade ago...

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner of RC had posted recently that the site would be down for a previously promised software upgrade.

Back