Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your all-time favorite fish? :)
Personal or worked with?

I could never pick my favorite child... But it would be between my Miracle my wild caught Yellow Tang (Was the first fish I ever saved from Uronema and the last wild caught YT. She was tiny!) , Grumpy my YWG and his buddies the shrimps because I love him, the Stripey the Swissguard as this is I think my favorite fish class (Liopropoma) or maybe Henry our Valentinii Puffer as he is just a puppy dog. So I pretty much named them all...

As far as working with fish, lately I have been on a Butterfly Kick and have been loving working with pretty much any butterflyfish I can get my hands on. I like the challenge of them. The issue is not many people have them in their tanks so I tend to sit on them for a while online. Everyone loves their coral :)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal or worked with?

I could never pick my favorite child... But it would be between my Miracle my wild caught Yellow Tang (Was the first fish I ever saved from Uronema and the last wild caught YT. She was tiny!) , Grumpy my YWG and his buddies the shrimps because I love him, the Stripey the Swissguard as this is I think my favorite fish class (Liopropoma) or maybe Henry our Valentinii Puffer as he is just a puppy dog. So I pretty much named them all...

As far as working with fish, lately I have been on a Butterfly Kick and have been loving working with pretty much any butterflyfish I can get my hands on. I like the challenge of them. The issue is not many people have them in their tanks so I tend to sit on them for a while online. Everyone loves their coral :)
I have 3 pyramid butterflies. I’ve really been liking how they have a spiky Mohawk at times.

I’ve been thinking of adding a Copperband butterfly. I have the worms for it. ;)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the spiky Mohawk I am referring to:

Here is what they look like most of the time:
5D36A73C-BC69-4E5A-B3B1-66F5FCB7B425.jpeg
And here’s what they look like all flared out:
30AD8447-60EC-4677-AA9A-7763E92FF8B1.jpeg

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, been a while so I figure I would just leave a quick Happy Halloween from our family to yours!

Lilah-1.jpg

The tank is really starting to take up a ton of ALK! Things are growing and finding their places on the rocks. Also lot of encrusting so all the good things are happening. I will snap a couple of pictures when I get a chance, FisHotel has been keeping me very busy!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back