Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I care!! :angry-face:

I didn’t know you were going to be a dad soon! This is SO exciting!! Congratulations!! She’s going to be such a lucky girl! :D
Thanks, man, I just know I had been away a long while so I am sure the people that are on this thread are long gone. So with this place being so large it's like walking through a Mall, nobody really cares unless you actually bump into someone.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, man, I just know I had been away a long while so I am sure the people that are on this thread are long gone. So with this place being so large it's like walking through a Mall, nobody really cares unless you actually bump into someone.
I totally get that.

How did you get the picture of your tank to be in the main header?

Here’s the photo of what I’m talking about. I don’t see this option for my build thread:

F4A50984-383A-4FC8-A096-2E33F0C26A31.png

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple Shots of the reef tonight

Yellow Tang (Miracle)

YelowTang.jpg

Swissguard Basslet (Stippy)

Swissguard.jpg

The Zoa Garden

ZoaGarden.jpg

Garden2.jpg

Leather is still doing well! (Sold to me as a Colt Coral??)

Leather.jpg

My micromussa changing from Teal to Orange maybe?? This guy gets a lot of light and seems to love it. The rainbows that I got seem to hate the high light so they are now recovering in the shade. They seem happy there.

Acans.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous setup!!! I love the stand/canopy! I see that Mopar up there, too ;)

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just finished acclimating, dipping, regluing and getting all the corals where they need to be for at least the night. That was a long night of dipping corals after tracking down my package that I thought for sure was a lost cause to get today. I am very happy, the coral looks very happy and I am also very happy.

UPS new how to set a guy off in a panic on his one and only day off. I knew this was coming so I arrange someone to be at the shop to feed fish. I never really get a day off, but this one a bit wild!

Screenshot 2022-08-25 123830.png

After working with UPS they were able to track down my box to the warehouse. The Manager (I have been working with this branch through my own business so they know me and what I do, shipping live fish) literally started to work on it 2 minutes after I arrived. About an hour later (Maybe an hour and half) she had it in her possession as she went to the warehouse herself and grabbed it! I then met her there to grab the box!

This isnt a post to dog on UPS, this is actually to commend them for taking the extra steps to keep animals alive. I honestly haven't been happier since switching over to them from FedEx.

So I think all will end well, I am getting the box open now and will get pictures later tonight as I have A LOT to unpack, dip and glue down.

"DELIVERED"
Screenshot 2022-08-25 143208-Del.png

I was able to get a quick shot right before the lights out of the new Goni Garden. It's wild, a lot of them were already out and starting to extend! The SPS was also already looking happy. Again, well done @SBB Corals , well done.

I will get more pictures tomorrow, for tonight our Grumpy old man the YWG said he and his shrimps would keep an eye on everything.

Goni-Garden-YWG.jpg

Goni-Garden2.jpg

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our new Baby Girl has come to this big world! We are so happy and blessed to introduce our baby Daughter Lilah Grace Dierkhising. Born at 12:17 and is 19" long.

She is the cutest little peanut I have ever seen in my life.

IMG_20220829_131058.jpg

One happy Papa Bear... I am so blessed.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our new Baby Girl has come to this big world! We are so happy and blessed to introduce our baby Daughter Lilah Grace Dierkhising. Born at 12:17 and is 19" long.

She is the cutest little peanut I have ever seen in my life.

IMG_20220829_131058.jpg

One happy Papa Bear... I am so blessed.
Congratulations!!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is well with our new peanut!! Momma is doing really well too. She is recovering obviously but in high spirits!!

After getting through the first 48 the last 18 have been pretty good. It will be interesting to see how life is now... Everything just feels a little different, yet at the same time very familiar. I am a bit panicked about missing all this time from the shop and I hope the fish are doing well as I haven't been there since Sunday. I actually woke up today in tears as I had a mini breakdown after the first long 2 days. Things seem better today so that is good as I was actually able to get around 5 hours last night.

But at the end of the day, it's all worth it when you get the cutest little girl in the world.

IMG_20220831_155549_01.jpg

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sundays Update - I update most on another site....

Well... Never a dull moment. Quick update:

We had to rush my wife to Urgent care, and then to the emergency room as her Blood Pressure rose to a number that was out of control. They were able to get it down yesterday and stabilize it today. She was on medication to stop any sort of Seizures. Ugh, was rough but glad all seems to be well now with her. In the meantime, I am trying to figure this all out, and not having help has been challenging. Happy as a clam and I am a team player so this is no issue but clearly has left my screen time and helping other folks to a very minimum in the last few days.

I am sorry have had limited access but I will tell you what, dealing with stuff like this will set your priorities pretty dang fast. If you guys come across this and you want to send up a Prayers for Mama (Christina) I would be grateful. For everyone that doesn't do that stuff, just quick good luck will help!

I am hopeful that I will be back on the site soon, and I am also hopeful that I can get all these fish posted Thursday! So don't give up on us yet, as I have a lot of work to do but I love doing every minute.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the latest Post:

Hey Y'all....

Update Time. So, in kind of a wild turn of events they sent Christina Home this evening!! Whoohoo!! Super awesome that she can be home where she is comfortable and we can monitor everything here. We have new medication and are hopeful that it will do what it needs to do for the next 5 weeks or so as her body adjusts to not being pregnant. Been a crazy, exhausting, emotional 8 days. I am trying to stay optimistic but again when you are pretty beat up it's a bit more of a challenge. Yet, I am blessed... So I stand here tired and beat up a little bit knowing everything will be just fine. I have so much in my life and am so blessed with all of the things I have and done. And now this new chapter with all my friends!

Thank you to @OZ_SPS for the haul of diapers! He donated some money (He is crazy) and we spent it on the kiddos stuff (and some formula and diapers) as she came out so much smaller than we had expected. At 6 Lbs we essentially are in preemie baby stuff... She is starting to grow into Newborn now but not quite there!

Thank You also to @DexterB as she sent the sweetest book and Bun-Bun!! Honestly, you are way too nice to us Linda, you are a fantastic person and I am so blessed to simply have you in my life even if its in the background until we can finally meet in person! Agin this little family that we have built here is simply incredible!

IMG_20220906_191634.jpg

Then we have @Hnsmith88 & @Tgkirn sending might be the coolest little outfit I have ever seen! She is already rocking it but it's well past her bedtime so I will get pictures later. She is already plotting how to take Dad's job... And I love it!

IMG_20220906_191840.jpg

With Christina Being home, and all of your love I am already feeling better and believe it or not I shipped out fish today. So if you are expecting fish tomorrow they are sent! @Veritas I will send your fish next week if that works. I have a huge drop of fish coming this week. Everything that you see on the site will indeed drop I just need to find time to get it there. I am working around the clock again to catch up and get this thing going. Then we have the big Event that we are going to do. I am really geared up for everything in the pipeline, even though I am so so Tired!

Nervous Looney Tunes GIF

So much Love to all of you and all the prayers, keep them going as we will need them yet. Also all the good lucks seem to be working so again we will continue to take them. For tonight I will be cruising but not much will be done. I miss just reading your guys journals and bickering with the crazy Aussie boys and of course wishing I had @mattzang set of fish cruising my sad, sad reef.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was able to get our newsletter out so that was awesome! So much cool stuff coming down the pipeline.

Also after I got out of the shop I was able to go on a Date night with my Wife for my 42nd Birthday so that was simply amazing. Might have been the most chill birthday of my life, yet somehow with everything happening it really put in perspective that you don't need everything to be happy with what you got!

I am blessed and very happy and thankful. Couldn't ask for a better birthday!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple shots from the reef today:

Office-Tank-1.jpg

Office-Tank-2.jpg

Office-Tank-3.jpg

Office-Tank-4.jpg

Office-Tank-5.jpg

Office-Tank-6.jpg

After Alk Burning the Hell out of these new corals, they are settling back in.
Office-Tank-7.jpg

Office-Tank-8.jpg

Office-Tank-9.jpg

One of my all time favorite Fish
Office-Tank-10.jpg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my! What a roller coaster ride with Mama Christina having a sudden blood pressure spike.

I’m so glad you guys had that taken care of swiftly.

Having a child is not easy, but your daughter looks absolutely precious. I think she looks like you! ;)

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my! What a roller coaster ride with Mama Christina having a sudden blood pressure spike.

I’m so glad you guys had that taken care of swiftly.

Having a child is not easy, but your daughter looks absolutely precious. I think she looks like you! ;)
Thanks Buddy, I really appreciate it. It was a wild ride but as you said I am so happy that they are both home and safe.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back