Difference Between the Kessil A150 Colors?

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting an A150 but do not know what color to get, could someone give me some advice on which looks best or is best for corals? The color are deep ocean blue, ocean blue amd sky blue.

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting an A150 but do not know what color to get, could someone give me some advice on which looks best or is best for corals? The color are deep ocean blue, ocean blue amd sky blue.

Totally depends on what your Goal is
Sky blue is 10k look and grows corals great
Occean blue is about 16k-20k look and is a combinations of growth and appeal ( i like this one the most)
Deep Occean blue supposedly around 20-24k look. too blue but still grows corals and mostly used for shows and appeal.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean blue it is! Thanks!

Bad Company

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an a350 last year (found on CL) for $250 with the gooseneck; they show up occasionally in the dry goods selling forum here. I think I saw some go for $225 recently, but I don't recall if that included the gooseneck. If you have a tank depth less than 20" I recommend the W model, which is more of a point light source rather than a spot. Some don't like that massive shimmer compared to the diffuse lighting of fluorescent, or the harsh shadows. I love my kessil, and the perspective it grants to the tank.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an a350 last year (found on CL) for $250 with the gooseneck; they show up occasionally in the dry goods selling forum here. I think I saw some go for $225 recently, but I don't recall if that included the gooseneck. If you have a tank depth less than 20" I recommend the W model, which is more of a point light source rather than a spot. Some don't like that massive shimmer compared to the diffuse lighting of fluorescent, or the harsh shadows. I love my kessil, and the perspective it grants to the tank.

A150 Deep Ocean Blue Actinic is the Best

But the A160 is out now and is adjustable to any color you want and 25% more powerful for only 15.00 more

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A150 Deep Ocean Blue Actinic is the Best

But the A160 is out now and is adjustable to any color you want and 25% more powerful for only 15.00 more

+1. Except I don't think it's 25% more powerful, I thought I read only 15%. If you're looking for the smaller Kessil, the A160 is best currently. You can alter the color to YOUR choosing and you can pair it to the kessil controller. I plan on doing that. I have the a150 and it is not fun having instant on and instant off and the inability to change color when I feel like it. Its only downside, and speaking from experience, I bet you'll want to change colors sooner or later. So when I can, I will be upgrading to the A160. It is a great light and has great functionality. I just wish Kessil would see my posts and give me one already for so much advertising for them as a way of saying thanks for believing in our product. :tongue:

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol got the A160 and the kessil controller!

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know. I think as soon as I seen that, I realized I actually commented on the post you made with the kessil and your tank. I blame the eggnogs.
Lol you did but we can just pretend that you didn't :p

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back