Dino battle

Rishov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,my reef tank is 9 months old and been dino infested ever since ,my tank is a 18inch nano cube with a 16gal sump,it hold a total of 100 litres of water in total, so ever since my tank was 3-4 month old it have been infested with dinos ,the rock work,sand and glass ,forming thick rusted red mat like formation over the sand and rock and pearls under the light,in the beginning I mistakenly out of fluke beat dinos by dosing phytoplanktons and slowly went away and a little stayed in the sand ,I’ve noticed that when ever the sand gets blown by my wave maker the dino takes a hold again,my salifert tent kits have always shown nitrates above 50ppm but my phosphates were bottomed out completely to point it’s untraceable,so I want to raise my phosphates to 0.1 ppm by dosing tri sodium phosphate and my nitrates r currently around 10–15ppm but cannot figure out which one to choose in Amazon so here are two products I have my eyes on and it’s not really mentioned wether it’s food grade or not but these r the only options I have ,can you kindly refer me wether this is the right stuffs or not and how much do I need to dose in my 100 litre tank and the proportions of mixing and making the solution .

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rishov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,my reef tank is 9 months old and been dino infested ever since ,my tank is a 18inch nano cube with a 16gal sump,it hold a total of 100 litres of water in total, so ever since my tank was 3-4 month old it have been infested with dinos ,the rock work,sand and glass ,forming thick rusted red mat like formation over the sand and rock and pearls under the light,in the beginning I mistakenly out of fluke beat dinos by dosing phytoplanktons and slowly went away and a little stayed in the sand ,I’ve noticed that when ever the sand gets blown by my wave maker the dino takes a hold again,my salifert tent kits have always shown nitrates above 50ppm but my phosphates were bottomed out completely to point it’s untraceable,so I want to raise my phosphates to 0.1 ppm by dosing tri sodium phosphate and my nitrates r currently around 10–15ppm but cannot figure out which one to choose in Amazon so here are two products I have my eyes on and it’s not really mentioned wether it’s food grade or not but these r the only options I have ,can you kindly refer me wether this is the right stuffs or not and how much do I need to dose in my 100 litre tank and the proportions of mixing and making the solution .

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back