Dino, hair algae? Need help with ID

Crass

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Have some algae growing on my back wall for the past few weeks. Phosphates read 0.00 on hanna, so I'm thinking Dino maybe?

Nitrates also around 5ppm

What do you think?

20200607_152054.jpg
 
Is it just on your back wall or anywhere else in the tank? If you were to take a razor blade and scrape off a section, would it break apart, come off as a single mat, or come off in chunks?
 
Is it just on your back wall or anywhere else in the tank? If you were to take a razor blade and scrape off a section, would it break apart, come off as a single mat, or come off in chunks?

Seems to just be on the back wall! I havent really tried scraping it yet, just siphon during water changes to not spread it around the tank. Will try that today though and see what it does!
 
It looks a lot like some stuff I had growing on my back walls. I never took a sample and looked at it though. At this same time I was and still am dealing with Dinoflagellates. My nutrient levels had bottomed out and this stuff, whatever it was, was still growing well. After I scraped it clean, it hasn’t come back like it was. Here’s a pic of what I had. And another pic of my beautiful sand bed.:mad:
8E1C10EC-6A8B-4ADC-920C-864F3E822ECF.jpeg
3EE69543-2647-4D9C-91A0-B5D5761192F1.jpeg
 
It looks a lot like some stuff I had growing on my back walls. I never took a sample and looked at it though. At this same time I was and still am dealing with Dinoflagellates. My nutrient levels had bottomed out and this stuff, whatever it was, was still growing well. After I scraped it clean, it hasn’t come back like it was. Here’s a pic of what I had. And another pic of my beautiful sand bed.:mad:
8E1C10EC-6A8B-4ADC-920C-864F3E822ECF.jpeg
3EE69543-2647-4D9C-91A0-B5D5761192F1.jpeg

Just took my scraper to it! All gone.

Will see if it comes back lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new