Dino ID and Extermination

jeep454

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2023
Messages
37
Reaction score
10
Location
Lake Worth
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I thought were Diatoms turned out to be Dinos on most of substrate and tank walls. I bought a microscope to verify. Photos and video are attached.

These were my parameters last night Before I dosed Phosphate per some research cause they were bottomed out.
Temp 81
Salinity 1.026
Ca 340
KH 8
PH 8.0
P04 0.0
Nitrate 20
Started barely detecting ammonia

-30 gallon
-7Lbs of live rock
-1.5 inch of live sand substrate
-165W reef light that Is on for 10 hrs
-1 powerhead
-Xenia
-GSP
-Condy
-Mandarin Goby
-2 Percula Clowns
-1 Arrow Crab
-2 Trochus Snails
-1 Nassarius Snails
-2 large Nerite Snails

New Sump is a 10 gallon with baffles
-filter sock
-protein Skimmer
-media bags with ceramic rings
-activated carbon
-UV Sterilizer
-added air stone to get some oxygen into water cause I heard that could help with dinos

How do I kill these things??

Glass Sample.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new