369julian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a green hair algae outbreak, then an ammonia spike, I dosed kordon AmQuelPlus ammonia detoxifier, it kills ammonia nitrite and nitrate, and chlorine. Things started to bounce back. I lost 2 cyphastrea, and a birdsnest, during that ammonia spike, it went to 0.50ppm. my xenia has been closed for a month, my mushrooms are also small, my torch coral looks great though. after the green hair algae started to go away I got bryopsis algae then a huge dino algae spike. I have been wondering/researching if coralline algae will over dominate dinos, if anyone knows about that id love to get knowledge bombed; dino is very brown and stringy, looks like torch coral poop.
the Parameters that I test are calcium, PH, ammonia. nitrate, phosphate, and carbonate hardness which have all been at acceptable measurements as well as stable. Magnesium has been tested recently and was 1300ppm
20 gallon tank, 3gallon canister filter. running activated carbon, and in-tank nano protein skimmer (I stopped running for about 3 weeks, started running 2 days ago) ocean revive light.
one clown fish. firefish, starry blenny, arrow crab, had flatworms), (days after getting rid of feather duster and sea urchin dino breakout happened), 13 nassarius snails, one turbo, 1 astrea snail, 1 emerald crab, sandsifting starfish, torch coral, 3 mushrooms, 2 hammer corals, blue raven blasto, 8 types of zoanthid, 2 types of palythoa, Grandis paly, green pocillopora, firework colony, xenia colony (closed for a month and at night time the stalks reach out and during day the colony is a ball) favia coral, scroll coral, and one mystery coral. I do one water change a week, I do five gallons of premixed red sea reef water from my local store and dose the appropriate amount of AquaVitros seed and remediation. I also top off with distilled store water. Blues run from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30p.m and whites are 11:30a.m to 6:30p.m. (blues intensity is at 40 and whites are at 8)
tank is 7 months old. everything was okay until last month.

OP
OP

369julian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also feed bene-pets once a week. I was dosing coral AB+ everyday for a week and now twice to three times a week, also forgot to mention im starting a blackout today. and will do a water change in three days and turn the lights back on.

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone identify which Dinos it's how can I remove it keep cleaning it keeps coming back it doesn't understand I don't need it

Attachments

• 20210320_142452.mp4
    50.9 MB
  • 20210320_142447.jpg
    20210320_142447.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 62

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back