Dino problems???

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to share my success in fighting Dinos.I added vibrant to kill bubble algae and after that i had a cyano break. Then I added chemiclean and it killed it to them have a breakout of Dino.. Yes it was crazy. But what i did cleared my tank 100%. I put carboard box all around the tank making it pitch black all around and in three days I removed them and there was not even a sign of any algae at all. My theory why some people have success with this and some do not is due to complete darkness in the tank and not having any light to keep some of the dinos alive. Anyhow hope this is good information to for anyone that is experiencing this problem.
Keep safe and good reefing.

Reef Guy Ronnie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to share my success in fighting Dinos.I added vibrant to kill bubble algae and after that i had a cyano break. Then I added chemiclean and it killed it to them have a breakout of Dino.. Yes it was crazy. But what i did cleared my tank 100%. I put carboard box all around the tank making it pitch black all around and in three days I removed them and there was not even a sign of any algae at all. My theory why some people have success with this and some do not is due to complete darkness in the tank and not having any light to keep some of the dinos alive. Anyhow hope this is good information to for anyone that is experiencing this problem.
Keep safe and good reefing.
Excellent information. What was Phosphates reading before the vibrant dose, after the vibrant dose, and after the chemiclean treatment? I ask because its correlated that phosphates have a big role play in dino bacteria and I think that would be relevant information to your experiment.

OP
OP
Nazarite01

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent information. What was Phosphates reading before the vibrant dose, after the vibrant dose, and after the chemiclean treatment? I ask because its correlated that phosphates have a big role play in dino bacteria and I think that would be relevant information to your experiment.
Can't really say, I don't remember and I don't want to make something up :). This happened even 4 months ago. I can say I have never had a problem with phosphate.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hear is some real info in dinos

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked for me but they came back 2 weeks later...
generally its not a they are gone and zero traces its dead. what happens is you are just managing it properly so you don't see it and it is not affecting the system. than things go out of wack again than you are back to the start.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This always works:
Before treatment, check your phosphate and nitrate to assure levels aren’t elevated
Blow loose with a turkey baster. It will capture and clean more surface area. Here is full program:
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15%) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back