Dino?

lcharmeywr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Dino? I’ve had my tank up in running for about 2 months now. Just had a die off of diatoms I believe and now this long stringy algae has appeared. Can someone confirm it’s dino or if it’s something else?

6316EA63-46B6-464C-B4FB-CD93644ABC3D.jpeg
 
Is this Dino? I’ve had my tank up in running for about 2 months now. Just had a die off of diatoms I believe and now this long stringy algae has appeared. Can someone confirm it’s dino or if it’s something else?

6316EA63-46B6-464C-B4FB-CD93644ABC3D.jpeg
I see film algae and diatoms which should blow away easily with a turkey baster
 
Possible -- but not probable at this early stage. Just make sure you keep feeding the fish and accept that you are going to go through a few ugly phases over the next 6-18 months. Dead rock starts take a long time to settle. Just keep the basics of temp and salinity stable and don't starve the system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new