Dinoflagellate relapse

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may know me, and unfortunately I am a recurring theme on these threads. School started for me two days ago, and since then I’ve had to wake up at 5:45. My lights are usually set to about 8:30 to 9:00, but they came on at 6:30. When I got home from school there were more dinoflagellates than I had in the previous three weeks covering shells and GHA. Could an unusual lighting schedule cause such a relapse? Anyways after a 1-2 day blackout they’ve all went from a deep brown/red to a very light brown indicating that they’re either dead or dormant. I’m gonna siphon out any remaining particles on the base, and remove as much dead GHA as possible. Has anyone had this happen to them, and if so, what did you do? Dino species: prorocentrum

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Some of you may know me, and unfortunately I am a recurring theme on these threads. School started for me two days ago, and since then I’ve had to wake up at 5:45. My lights are usually set to about 8:30 to 9:00, but they came on at 6:30. When I got home from school there were more dinoflagellates than I had in the previous three weeks covering shells and GHA. Could an unusual lighting schedule cause such a relapse? Anyways after a 1-2 day blackout they’ve all went from a deep brown/red to a very light brown indicating that they’re either dead or dormant. I’m gonna siphon out any remaining particles on the base, and remove as much dead GHA as possible. Has anyone had this happen to them, and if so, what did you do? Dino species: prorocentrum
Light is a fuel source for Dino. Have blue lights go on a 9a and leave whites off a few days. Also add 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gai for a week or two

CurtnStac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light is a fuel source for Dino. Have blue lights go on a 9a and leave whites off a few days. Also add 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gai for a week or two
I had saw a previous post where you stated a method for getting rid of dinos and said don't feed corals. I currently dose AFR would that fuel dinos or can that continue to be dosed?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had saw a previous post where you stated a method for getting rid of dinos and said don't feed corals. I currently dose AFR would that fuel dinos or can that continue to be dosed?
I would hold off feeding that for a week

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back