OP
OP
R

Raul6741

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what uv can fit in the fluval flex 32.5?
Hey guys, I’ve been dealing with a Dino outbreak in my tank and to answer some questions coming my phosphate is at 0.2 ppm and nitrate at 36 ppm. Last few days I’ve been siphoning out as much as possible I just dosed virbrant (1ml per 10 gal once a week). I’m wondering if I can dose vibrant and Dino x at the same time. Also I have mainly euphyillia like hammers torches and frog spawns with some alveopora and gonis. I also have a zoa island. I’ve lost three frags so far to the them being grown over. I do not have a Uv sterilizer and I’ve heard it can help. I have a fluval flex 32.5 with a Nero 3 and 2 of the fluval marine 3.0 lights. I’ve heard I can turn off the lights for 3 days and it will cause a large die off and between that and dosing and a uv it should work right? I don’t want to lose my corals at all costs. I’m afraid what a black out will do to my corals.

PS: I positively ID’d them as Dino’s as when the lights are off after a few hours they are no longer on the sand bed or rocks. And I can use a turkey baster to blow them off whatever’s they’re on.
Here’s an update
Hey guys, I’ve been dealing with a Dino outbreak in my tank and to answer some questions coming my phosphate is at 0.2 ppm and nitrate at 36 ppm. Last few days I’ve been siphoning out as much as possible I just dosed virbrant (1ml per 10 gal once a week). I’m wondering if I can dose vibrant and Dino x at the same time. Also I have mainly euphyillia like hammers torches and frog spawns with some alveopora and gonis. I also have a zoa island. I’ve lost three frags so far to the them being grown over. I do not have a Uv sterilizer and I’ve heard it can help. I have a fluval flex 32.5 with a Nero 3 and 2 of the fluval marine 3.0 lights. I’ve heard I can turn off the lights for 3 days and it will cause a large die off and between that and dosing and a uv it should work right? I don’t want to lose my corals at all costs. I’m afraid what a black out will do to my corals.

PS: I positively ID’d them as Dino’s as when the lights are off after a few hours they are no longer on the sand bed or rocks. And I can use a turkey baster to blow them off whatever’s they’re on.
hey y’all heres an update. And I kinda need help. I bought a uv, and did a 2 day black out and I’m on my third dose of Dino x. I turned the lights back on and Dino’s are all visibly gone as well as any other algae. My hammers are halfway retracted. One of them is dying from the outside in. Alveopora is dying from the inside out. Lost one Goni. One of my torches looks “f*****” and all my corals over all looks bad here’s some pictures. What do I do from here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 22

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back