Dipping LPS for Algae

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a bit of hair algae forming on the base of my Duncans. Might be bryopsis but not positive. For a couple Zoa's that look like they have a few specs I'll use H2O2, but for LPS what can I use? Is Hydrogen Peroxide alright? I just need to do the base/stalk. The flesh is fine, although this coral has been ***** for a week now so I doubt this will make it happy. But I need to get the algae off it.

Thanks!

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
R

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I dip almost everything in it but generally do like a 25% H202 (3%) to 75% saltwater ratio. Only thing I don't totally dunk is my euphyllias (I just dunk the skeleton/base) or high end SPS. Zoas? PLUNGE CITY. I have never killed anything with the ratio shown above out of a bunch of different corals. I can't attest for some of the "sensitive corals" on that list though, some I'm not familar with.

OP
OP
R

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I dip almost everything in it but generally do like a 25% H202 (3%) to 75% saltwater ratio. Only thing I don't totally dunk is my euphyllias (I just dunk the skeleton/base) or high end SPS. Zoas? PLUNGE CITY. I have never killed anything with the ratio shown above out of a bunch of different corals. I can't attest for some of the "sensitive corals" on that list though, some I'm not familar with.
I was shooting just for the stalk of the Duncans, only other ones are Zoas on a plug. Appreciate the info!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%

Back