Dipping LPS for Algae

Reffetsevla

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2022
Messages
319
Reaction score
169
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a bit of hair algae forming on the base of my Duncans. Might be bryopsis but not positive. For a couple Zoa's that look like they have a few specs I'll use H2O2, but for LPS what can I use? Is Hydrogen Peroxide alright? I just need to do the base/stalk. The flesh is fine, although this coral has been ***** for a week now so I doubt this will make it happy. But I need to get the algae off it.

Thanks!
 
No problem. I dip almost everything in it but generally do like a 25% H202 (3%) to 75% saltwater ratio. Only thing I don't totally dunk is my euphyllias (I just dunk the skeleton/base) or high end SPS. Zoas? PLUNGE CITY. I have never killed anything with the ratio shown above out of a bunch of different corals. I can't attest for some of the "sensitive corals" on that list though, some I'm not familar with.
 
No problem. I dip almost everything in it but generally do like a 25% H202 (3%) to 75% saltwater ratio. Only thing I don't totally dunk is my euphyllias (I just dunk the skeleton/base) or high end SPS. Zoas? PLUNGE CITY. I have never killed anything with the ratio shown above out of a bunch of different corals. I can't attest for some of the "sensitive corals" on that list though, some I'm not familar with.
I was shooting just for the stalk of the Duncans, only other ones are Zoas on a plug. Appreciate the info!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new