Discosoma ID

drozdov

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there names for these discosoma mushrooms?
31541919-3243-488C-BC77-A703E7748541.jpeg
E920BF4C-29C2-4A64-9ED7-B7B131104CC0.jpeg
5BC2B03D-3BEA-4B4E-B8AB-1E97E334049C.jpeg
 
Look like Rhodactis mushrooms to me. Discoma's are generally flat on the surface with no raised bumps.
 
My JB’s are discos and have tons of bumps.
F169ABE7-A371-4C8D-8684-590318607BAB.jpeg
I guess I should rephrase what I was saying lol. The pattern of the raised bumps in OP pics are the same as those often seen on Rhodactis mushrooms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new