Dissapearing Nitrates

kgalarr0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I have a 2 month old 10 gal tank with soft corals and a small clownfish. I had some algae that I was allowing to grow and it started dying off. I tested and nitrates slowly went from 10ppm to 0pmm in less than I week. I believe that now dinos are showing up (thats why I preferred to have nitrates and algae).

My question is how in the world did my nitrates 0 out so fast with my algae dying in the process?

Now im overfeeding pellets to see if nutrients pick up quick.
 
Hello to all,

I have a 2 month old 10 gal tank with soft corals and a small clownfish. I had some algae that I was allowing to grow and it started dying off. I tested and nitrates slowly went from 10ppm to 0pmm in less than I week. I believe that now dinos are showing up (thats why I preferred to have nitrates and algae).

My question is how in the world did my nitrates 0 out so fast with my algae dying in the process?

Now im overfeeding pellets to see if nutrients pick up quick.
Micro algae are effective at depleting nitrates. Maybe the coral starting using nitrate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new