Divorce?!

Meara

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Edmonton
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I’m sorry to say the romance is gone. I have a pair of Maroon Clown fish and they have been enjoying wedded bliss for 2 years. Unfortunately now the female has started nipping the males fins and tail and he has been kicked out of her territory. Is there anything I can do? Or is he going to die?
Honestly this is my first problem with this pair and I’m worried.
Thank you for any thoughts and advice you all might have.

Talena
 
Hello

I’m sorry to say the romance is gone. I have a pair of Maroon Clown fish and they have been enjoying wedded bliss for 2 years. Unfortunately now the female has started nipping the males fins and tail and he has been kicked out of her territory. Is there anything I can do? Or is he going to die?
Honestly this is my first problem with this pair and I’m worried.
Thank you for any thoughts and advice you all might have.

Talena
separate them for a while. females always beat up the males. isolation box inside the tank for a few days. let him heal then release and see how it goes.
 
separate them for a while. females always beat up the males. isolation box inside the tank for a few days. let him heal then release and see how it goes.
How long is a while? I know that clowns will change to female if alone but I’m not finding any sort of timeline?
 
How long is a while? I know that clowns will change to female if alone but I’m not finding any sort of timeline?
It takes awhile, as in months. I would try rearranging some of the scape 1st or taping a hand mirror to the side of the tank.
 
separate them for a while. females always beat up the males. isolation box inside the tank for a few days. let him heal then release and see how it goes.
Ain't that the truth...

Sorry I had to 😂

I agree with an isolation box and escaping a bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new