DIY 30x30x18 rimless cube!!!!

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished going through this thread. Can't wait for it to be filled back up when you can. March right? Maybe sooner :)
Would love to check it out in the future. Looked great when I saw it back in July.

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through all 77 pages, as well. Wow, Troy! You seem like a really great guy, and thanks for sharing all the DIY and ups-n-downs, brutha! Would love to see how the tank's going, when you get a chance.

Regards,
Leo

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh guess it's been a minute haha.... Anyways I'm moving soon so this tank is coming down to please the wifey... She hates the big foot print but it's being replaced with a 75 tall or something here in the next couple days... Go figure my Sps I have left have started to take off and the tank is flourishing... Even thou I can't see inside it haha... Haven't scraped the glass in a month just do top downs when I'm feeding my clowns... Anyways plenty of pix to come as the new tank goes up here in a few days and hopefully lights my fire back up... It's been rough trying to pack and find a house, which is dang near impossible ATM because of the banks robo signing...we had 26k houses for sale last month and only 5k now.... So that means 21k sit vacant until the banks fix there paper work.... Sigh... Because of that I can't find one and the houses I bid on I get beat every time... All 3 houses I bid on have went for 20 to 50k over asking price!!!! That's insane realtor said there's a huge demand right now and no houses.." I said chalices!!" he looked at me crazy and I started laughing haha.... Oh well hopefully it gets better soon...

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Chalices" now thats funny

I am sure the banks are dragging there feet in letting inventory out so the bidding war takes place and they stick it to "the public"-LOL

So will you start an entire new build thread? I stll have some of your acros you sold offlast year when you were getting rid of everything-
whistle.gif

Nothing like a fresh build-looking forward to it

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First tank I have ever purchased haha... I have zero time man... It's 70 gallons... 36w 24t 18w.... Clowns and nems baby clowns and nems...;)I need a sump and not sure when that's gonna happen I gotta dig my saw out in the garage :( its pretty nice and the misses is very happy it don't take up a whole room... My cube the stand is 36x36

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making water right now!!!:xd: just bought a skimmer from Luke "reef filtration" and it's on like donkey kong!!! Only problem I'm facing is my light 250w hqi is gonna be 3" off the water with this shallow canopy..:( any thoughts on that??? I'm afraid the glass is gonna break or something...

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you build a crown around the top of the canopy and just cut the light into the top? Seems to me that may be best anyhow to help with heat?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back