DIY algae scrubber

I like how you have all the pipes inside. Less chance of a leak
The only thing that is missing is a overflow tube. Didn’t have space for it. That’s why I have a shutoff switch/sensor inside to automatically shutoff the pump if it clogs and then I get a alert from the apex on my phone that the sensor was tripped.
 
This is about 5 days of the first growth. Did not harvest yet.

5A24BD82-1C84-4F5B-BCE3-405EF35C2ADC.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new