DIY anemone basket

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i was searching online for different options for anemone baskets and most are either way to expensive or people use plastic Colander's. this was going to be to big for the size of my tank so i decided to go and build one my self.

i went to a nearby hobby store and got some plastic grate stuff, its 69cents for a 10'' piece. cheap and easy, and if it gets dirty i can just throw it away and replace. best part is i can cut it down to size for exactly where i want to put the anemone box.

simple enough just measured the size i needed. cut it and zip-tied it together. and used my flipper scrapper as the magnate to hold it on the glass.

can put a lid on it and use as a mushroom box, or an anemone box that sits on the sand instead of the surface.

UsfFU7L.jpg

sxTenUH.png

ypAJPPs.png

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, was looking for something like this for anemone and can use for small fish acclimation box also.

OP
OP
jorahx

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my newb question... Why segregate the nem?

My main reason is to make sure the anemone doesn't wander into the power head or over flow.

But other people use them so it's easier to separate anemones from rocks for when they propagate the anemone.

Mark Derail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @jorahx It sure is beautiful, sad that it's now behind curtains.

I have a black filter around the power head I bought, after by 4 color bta split, and the clone decided to visit the power head.
So I lost one, still have one. It wanders quite a lot, but stays well away from my huge condy nem, which also moves but very little.
Can't wait to have my six foot DT to replace this 4 foot by 1 foot which is crowded.

OP
OP
jorahx

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @jorahx It sure is beautiful, sad that it's now behind curtains.

I have a black filter around the power head I bought, after by 4 color bta split, and the clone decided to visit the power head.
So I lost one, still have one. It wanders quite a lot, but stays well away from my huge condy nem, which also moves but very little.
Can't wait to have my six foot DT to replace this 4 foot by 1 foot which is crowded.

Last night I used the same material to make a cage around the power head. Tonight going to relocate my corals into this one and let the anemone go into the display tanks and find a spot it likes. Than slowly being the corals back down to the rock and sand.

OP
OP
jorahx

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its beautiful. That mustve cost you an arm and a leg.i cant seem to find anyone whos selling their csb let alone get on a list for one. Do you ever plan to propagate it?

Yep. Cut in half.

GammaYankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid question, what do you call that blue panel thing. Egg crate? I cannot find one with such fine holes. Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back