diy bio pellets reactor made from skimmer.

reefyfishi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
Colorado springs CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys! So I just wanted to show you guys the reactor that I made from a nuvo mini skimmer, I got it install this morning and it works like a charm, I have the output of the reactor plump straight to the skimmer, I got it install this morning and the skimmer stop producing skimmate, it has been about 8 hours since initial set up and still nothing, hopefully it will start working again soon, anyway here is a couple of pictures of my set up.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 719
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 377
Very nice job On that, you should post a step-by-step build on it. With pictures of course
 
Very nice job On that, you should post a step-by-step build on it. With pictures of course
Unfortunately I didn't take enough pictures to make a step on how I did it, but I have another one of those skimmers and I'm probably going to convert that one to a media reactor which is basically the same, so I will make sure to make a how to guide for that one.
 
You want enough movement to keep all the pellets moving if ones on bottom are not moving then increase flow to get them moving. To fast will grind the pellets to nothing very fast. Hope this helps
 
Agreed. Slow down the tumble rate. Also, you're going to need to be extra vigilant about watching your skimmer since the BP could easily cause it to overflow when they start working. Dosing bacteria like Zeobak will help get them colonized.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new