DIY Dosing Containers | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome DIY!

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voss water bottles for me.

Me too! Although it was embarrassing paying $3.79 for 800mL of water at Whole Foods. I told everyone in line I was making dosing containers so they wouldn’t think I was crazy. It didn’t work.

image.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go link ;)

Alvin Alejandro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Although it was embarrassing paying $3.79 for 800mL of water at Whole Foods. I told everyone in line I was making dosing containers so they wouldn’t think I was crazy. It didn’t work.

image.jpg
What is that in the green container?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done this and found that somewhere in the tubing to bulkhead to rigid tube transition there is an air leak. Dosing line is always getting air bubbles in it. Only work around for now is to put the dosing tube directly in the container. Any ideas to fix it? I've already done the obvious, clean cut on all tubing, removed burrs, no debris, etc.

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saved the jugs from my AquaForest 3pt and I have my MTC dual chamber air powered Prodoser that I’m going to retrofit. 0616429C-8558-4970-91DD-3BAA905939CC.jpeg
Been wanting to use it for about 10-15 years I don’t have a doser yet. Looking into that next year. Have to figure out what’s good.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Got a quick one today about building some DIY Dosing Containers. Show us what you did to make yours!! :)

Is that tube the 1/4" tube that fit into 1/4 air line? I got some from LFS, but they don't seem to fit. I have to put a part of air tubes on it, then put it in for it to stay.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that tube the 1/4" tube that fit into 1/4 air line? I got some from LFS, but they don't seem to fit. I have to put a part of air tubes on it, then put it in for it to stay.

Typically airline is too soft and pliable to work with push connect fittings and create a seal. The tubing in this video is the same 1/4" tubing we use for RODI units. :)

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done this and found that somewhere in the tubing to bulkhead to rigid tube transition there is an air leak. Dosing line is always getting air bubbles in it. Only work around for now is to put the dosing tube directly in the container. Any ideas to fix it? I've already done the obvious, clean cut on all tubing, removed burrs, no debris, etc.

I've had the same experiences before, but I've been able to resolve them from disconnecting and reconnecting the lines. If you're using the polyethylene 1/4" tubing for the dosing lines, it shouldn't have a problem sealing. You could also try replacing the bulkhead with new one to see if that particular bulkhead is the issue. :)

-Randy

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For inside the jug use 1/4” OD acrylic. For outside 1/4” RODI tubing works perfect

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 74 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back