OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. No apology necessary. I'm just glad you found out. if I didn't do a good job at explaining why before, then I apologize. sometimes I just post and forget to explain my thoughts. hopefully you'll also be able to help others, and warn them about 16! :)
I had one of those a ha moments when I watched the video I liked just as I was finished the big doing containers.
Got my blunt tips and some syringes to do my next project

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! do you find that you don't have to router the acrylic after cutting it on the table saw?

I had one of those a ha moments when I watched the video I liked just as I was finished the big doing containers.
Got my blunt tips and some syringes to do my next project

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have need using a 80 tooth 10" blade and hit the gulping edges with 220 real quick. The non glued edges I hit is a torch real quick amd the edges are clear like glass.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. as you probably know, routing the edges is required on larger projects. nice that you don't have to do that on this smaller stuff. just be careful with the torch. I've made some mistakes with thinner acrylic and things didn't turn out to good.

I have need using a 80 tooth 10" blade and hit the gulping edges with 220 real quick. The non glued edges I hit is a torch real quick amd the edges are clear like glass.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! do you find that you don't have to router the acrylic after cutting it on the table saw?

I have only Ben using a router to clean up edges. For example I will make a cap piece a tad bit larger the come back and clean up the edges flush with the sides.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. as you probably know, routing the edges is required on larger projects. nice that you don't have to do that on this smaller stuff. just be careful with the torch. I've made some mistakes with thinner acrylic and things didn't turn out to good.

So true in requards to the torch. I am using a acetylene plumbers torch and that baby get hot quick.

Kyuss414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the advice of @twilliard i purchased a medical infusion triple pump from ebay. I used regular Rubbermaid containers and voila! The most trustworthy dosing system you can ask for and it's also continuous!

IMG_20160830_202910.jpg

I wouldn't use it as an ATO though since the evaporation rate is not constant. But for dosing Alk/Ca/ trace elements i couldn't be happier!

Oh, forgot to mention this is much cheaper than the big name dousing pumps (and they're not even medical grade!) as cheap as a jebao! $110 which includes shipping. Again big props and thanks to @twilliard !
Interesting, so those actually will pump the fluid upwards? Judging from your pic, yes, but I always thought they needed to be gravity fed. I guess it wouldn't matter with my setup anyway since my sump is under a bench in the "fish room" but now I'm just curious on how these actually operate lol.

What about the casettes? Started taking a peak at this and couldn't turn anything up on where to get those. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I simply use 1 liter mason jars. They're cheap, the lids remove easily and easy to wash.
I have seen that also, and that is a good resolve. Can you shoot a picture and post so other can see please?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use vinegar jugs. You can get a gallon size for 99 cents. Use the vinegar to clean some pumps and stuff and you have good quality plastic dosing containers.

Smart budgeting:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at those, and that is were I kind of pulled my concept and the big one.

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, so those actually will pump the fluid upwards? Judging from your pic, yes, but I always thought they needed to be gravity fed. I guess it wouldn't matter with my setup anyway since my sump is under a bench in the "fish room" but now I'm just curious on how these actually operate lol.

What about the casettes? Started taking a peak at this and couldn't turn anything up on where to get those. Thanks for sharing!

I was actually worried about it too but there is no problem, there doesn't need to be positive pressure for the feed. The only thing that having gravity feeding makes easier is the priming but I have found a way of easily priming with a syringe on the secondary port.

I bought these cassettes. I haven't had a problem and needed to change any so far but I have some extras on the side just in case.

All in all, I am extremely happy with this and I haven't looked back since! :)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completed to more smaller dosing containers 2 liters each. 3 more to go. Would you know I only had one bulkhead :eek::rolleyes:

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to post the pictures :D
Water testing
IMG_4141.JPG

Plumbing one
IMG_4142.JPG

Marking capacity
IMG_4143.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back