DIY fluorine

  • Thread starter Thread starter wopper
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wopper

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to create a DIY fluorine supplement (matching the Reef Zlements / Reef Lab concentration).

My target is a solution where 10 ml of solution increases fluorine by 0.2 mg/L in 100 litres of tank water.

I have pure Sodium Fluoride (NaF, 41.99 g/mol).
AI suggested dissolving 4.42 g NaF in 1000 ml RODI, but I’m not fully confident in the calculation.

Could someone please verify whether this is correct, before I kill something ?
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new