DIY frag rack.

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Just thought I’d post these here to give others some ideas if you wanted to diy something similar.

Not exactly a build thread. But basically I made these with very few hand tools and a dremmel l, so definitely not a high quality finish. But they get the job done for a fraction of the cost of buying at retail.

Each took about 2-3 hrs to make, the larger ones are etched with identifying marks for coral sales, done with a dremmel. All cutting was with a dremmel as was sanding. Apart from the fine 2000 grit final before the flame polish.

The Black/Irange was a bit of an experiment when it came to bonding both bits of arcrylic face to face. As you may see it wasn’t the best result. Due to using Weldon 4 (Evaporates to quickly) but it was all I have on hand. Will probably use Weldon 16 next time.

The Black/Ice blue one is awaiting an Amazon delivery of silicon mat that I want to add in between this one. I’ll post pic when it’s complete.
Cutting the “Buttons” from the Arcrylic rod was a tedious event due to their precise small size

if anyone wants to know more feel free to ask away. Sharing is caring.

Now. Final project. I.e. experiment. I got to thinking. We all use yellow/orange filter lenses to take nice “real life” colour photos of our corals! So why can’t that filter be apart of the viewing ring? So. I did exactly that. I made a ring with a yellow base plate. Now. Remember this is an experiment. And of course the lense colour is dependent on the amount of blue light. But I think this yellow, or at least I hope this yellow covers 90% of situations. Well that is the plan lol. I’ll test this next week and post the findings. Good or bad.

That’s about its it then.

Happy reefing.

IMG_4366.jpeg IMG_4367.jpeg IMG_4407.jpeg IMG_4408.jpeg IMG_4493.jpeg IMG_4494.jpeg IMG_4521.jpeg IMG_4525.jpeg IMG_4523.jpeg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back