DIY Kalk Stirrer with stepper motor question.

reefinnewb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2020
Messages
217
Reaction score
261
Location
Macungie
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few parts laying around and would like to make a kalk stirrer. I have everything but the stirrer motor figured out. I know I can just go with a 110v 10rpm motor and be done with it. However i have a few stepper motors laying around as well. Does anyone know of a driver / controller that is a single unit? I don't want to have to hook up and program an arduino just to run the motor. I've found PWM controllers that would just need the driver connected but was looking for a more complete unit. I know there has to be some Electrical Engineers on here. Something akin to the Deltec K500
 
A dosing pump combined with a static saturated solution works well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new