Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Denisk, Feb 27, 2018.

DIY LED Wall Mount! Check it out!

Hey guys! I decided to post up my diy led mount for anyone who is looking for a sleek idea and or just a way to hang their lights. I will...
  1. Flexin

Flexin Well-Known Member

I like it. One suggestion to take it over the top, run that cord in the wall (and it may be just me and cords :) I think using the tv mount is an awesome idea. Thanks for the write up!

Denisk likes this.

2. Denisk

Denisk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Oh I completely agree with you! The cord was going to go behind the wall but I plan to move in the next year and that would have been one less hole to patch ahaha.

But great to mention. Thank you!

3. Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer Well-Known Member

I think it looks very clean and a great idea i would have never thought about. I would just recommend running the wire to the light through the wall, in between the studs, a lot of Big box hardware stores sell kits to be able to run the wire through the wall without a problem. Just a thought. Again thanks for sharing.

Denisk likes this.
  4. Trena Cook

Trena Cook Member MTRCMember

Very cool! Can you adjust the light higher and lower to achieve the appropriate distance from the water/coral or do you have to have your height already figured out and set when you do the mount?

5. Denisk

Denisk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Unfortunately there isn’t a way of adjusting the height after attaching the mount. However you could just buy longer screws if you realized it was to high up.

I would say just plan ahead which is what I did. Of course with leds you can always increase or decrease the intensity.

Trena Cook likes this.
  6. dakotanut

dakotanut Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Looks awesome. I hope you drilled the holes for the #10 bolts to the led light. Also, did you use stainless? I like the idea and it's well done. If you had turned the mount the other way height adjustment would of been easy.

Denisk likes this.
  7. Denisk

Thank you!

What do you mean drilled the bolts to the leds? The hydra 52 already has placed screw holes where I can just carefully tighten them in.

8. bdmach1

bdmach1 Member

Wow...Great idea! I'm thinking about trying use this for my Aquatic Life 24" Hybrid/Kessil 360, really love how clean this looks, thanks for sharing!:)

9. Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I see you have that yellow buster to stop the shock. I just installed a GFI and got rid of that yellow thing. just a tip ;)

Torben likes this.
  10. Denisk

Haha good eye. Yeah I’m moving soon and already installed them on my main display. This is temporary. But thanks!

Neo Jeo likes this.
  11. Denisk

Nice!! That’ll look great!

bdmach1 likes this.
  12. P-Dub

P-Dub Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Well, That's slicker than snot on a doorknob. Thinking out of the box. I like it!

Denisk likes this.
  13. dakotanut

dakotanut Active Member Build Thread Contributor

In the piece of steel that you mounted the LEDs box to. You said cut holes. Lol It's not a big deal. It looks good.

14. graffitireef

graffitireef Active Member

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, thats some Macguyver level stuff right there. Looks great.

15. FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim Shark Advocates Intl R2R Supporter West Palm Beach Reefer Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

Quick question @reeferfoxx , how far do they extend out?

16. bdmach1

bdmach1 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted