DIY LEDs in the works!

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvskin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvskin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
101
Reaction score
3
Location
Cranston, Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! Not much to show but I'm excited so I figured I would show ya guys anyway. Here are my LED aluminum heat sinks. Drilled, tapped and, brushed! I bought the LEDs and dimmable drivers from Rapidled. Com Customer service was great!! Went with stevesleds for the heat sinks. I just really like how sleek they look. I plan on running the LEDs with halides, but I will only be turning the halides on midday, for about an hour or so, via my Apex. Looking forward to getting to work on the soldering. Lemme know what everyone thinks!

IMAG0225_zpsmj9zisod.jpg


I will keep everyone posted on this project! Should start coming together next week, my vacation from work starts after Monday!
 
Man I plan on doing the same thing with my 54 bow front ...I'm in the middle of welding up my aluminum frame to hold the leds and halide
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new