DIY Mushroom/Anemone Boxes Ideas!

Do you think the boxes in the market are overpriced? Elaborate on the comments.

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Reefers!

I see an gap in this market that needs to be filled... affordable mushroom/anemone boxes, baskets, cages or however you want to call it! I’m not knocking those making them but $50 for an acrylic cube is ridiculous.

so in my journey for diy ideas I realize there is not much out there and I KNOW 100% there is a bunch of us DIYers making them for ourselves... let’s face it not only we like to make things we’re also cheap. lol

Let’s post our diy boxes and any links to build them shall we?

4912C4E8-BF82-46A5-87E7-E9D14B0D042D.jpeg

this is mine and was built with:

Magnets -Super Strong Neodymium Disc...

Basket -Officemate OIC Achieva Long...

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be curious to see what others are using as well. For me it's just tupperware in corner filled with sand and rubble for now.

OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be curious to see what others are using as well. For me it's just tupperware in corner filled with sand and rubble for now.
Right?! I looked around and didn’t see much. Tupperware at the bottom was mine too for a while until I built 2 of there but now I kinda want to build one clear so I might bite the bullet and buy some acrylic or something similar to build it myself.

OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 3D Print them for a few of my buddies. Pretty much what you have there... The part you see up is actually the part that goes into the sand.

IMG_20200617_192916.jpg
Nice! How much does it cost to print them? If you can’t answer that it’s ok I understand. A buddy is thinkering with the idea of buying a 3D printer to make hobby stuff

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about just the material you are looking at just under $4. Time is about an 18 Hour Print each.

3D Printers are fantastic if you are willing to put in the time to learn how to 3D Model. I use Sketchup and I love to tinker so it is right up my ally!

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out reefingart.com great frag racks and shroom boxes! Also not the cheapest but for sure less expensive than others and works perfect! And from my understanding they offer lifetime support on their products so if a part break they'll replace that part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about just the material you are looking at just under $4. Time is about an 18 Hour Print each.

3D Printers are fantastic if you are willing to put in the time to learn how to 3D Model. I use Sketchup and I love to tinker so it is right up my ally!
I love to thinker too so I’m definitely considering it as well! I love the idea of 3D printing my own stuff.

cost is not bad at all!

OP
OP
Rogued_Reefer

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out reefingart.com great frag racks and shroom boxes! Also not the cheapest but for sure less expensive than others and works perfect! And from my understanding they offer lifetime support on their products so if a part break they'll replace that part.
Reefingart is a fantastic company! Love their frag racks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back