DIY Rock Tutorial/Info Thread (Rocks, walls, floors, etc.)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Electrobes, Nov 21, 2009.

1. cracker

cracker Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Hey Folks, So the ph in my curing tank is below 8.4. What do You think? I won't be using it anytime soon so I will sit for a long while more.
    West 1. How is your wall doing? I had the same grey looking stuff in my cure tank as well.

2. West1

West1 Well-Known Member

PH has dropped to 8.0 within the past week. Water still gets super cloudy within 12hrs of 100% water change and still have the grey stuff floating. Nowhere near as much thank god. Im in no rush atm so I think I'll keep at the water changes for another 2 weeks.

3. cracker

cool !

4. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Excellence Award

It must have something to do with the foam or glue. I've never had what you're describing. I have had a light powder residue which is normal erosion from the new rock

5. cracker

Hello Folks, been a while since I checked in. So the pillars I made following the instructions and steps worked exactly as planned. Prob is I won't be using them to lift the rock out of the sand bed. I decided to go a different route. However these pillars can be cut into frag plugs and spacers between rocks set on rocks. Thanks so much for all I have learned over the 2 years I have been hanging out here.

prsnlty likes this.