DIY Selenium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biff0rz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
1,451
Location
Michigan (SE)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, I thought Chromium was difficult, this one sucks! lol

Alright, I cannot source Sodium Selenite (won't ship to me) or L-selenomethionine (also stupid expensive).

Do I have any other options? Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong corners of the interwebs?

I see there are some dietary supplements but I am unsure if those are suitable.

Any help is much appreciated!
 
Oh, sorry, wrong link.

This should be ok:

https://a.co/d/0clnXElC
Thanks! Do you happen to know what else is in the supplement? I'd prefer a lab reagent but as we've seen that's not possible afaik. But I was also avoiding dietary sups like this because they don't list what they put in there. Then again, if you say it's good, that's a gold stamp enough to proceed lol.
 
Thanks! Do you happen to know what else is in the supplement? I'd prefer a lab reagent but as we've seen that's not possible afaik. But I was also avoiding dietary sups like this because they don't list what they put in there. Then again, if you say it's good, that's a gold stamp enough to proceed lol.

Supplements must list ingredients, and dicalcium phosphate is the only one (see it listed on the picture of the package back).

I dont think either will be significant at the tiny levels you will be dosing, but we can calculate it if you know the dose you intend to use.
 
Supplements must list ingredients, and dicalcium phosphate is the only one (see it listed on the picture of the package back).

I dont think either will be significant at the tiny levels you will be dosing, but we can calculate it if you know the dose you intend to use.
I mixed it up tonight, it's milky white. Any concerns with that?
 
I mixed it up tonight, it's milky white. Any concerns with that?

No, let it settle out. The white is likely insoluble calcium phosphate.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new