Diy yourself stand

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres what i planon it looking like. in this picture it looks like the builder user all 2x4's The top of the stand i'm going to use 2x6's not 2x4's.
If you can build that your square, you can skin it out with anything you want. You can even have Lowe's cut your sheet goods for you.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can build that your square, you can skin it out with anything you want. You can even have Lowe's cut your sheet goods for you.
the only thing i see with the stand is that my tank is a dual corner overflow. but i also plan on it being 8 feet so im juyst cutting the legs and supportimg lumber for the weight. the freason im not cutting the fram to legnth of the tank i plan on having my life reef refugium and ato will be underneath the tank so i will need the extra room under the tank.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only thing i see with the stand is that my tank is a dual corner overflow. but i also plan on it being 8 feet so im juyst cutting the legs and supportimg lumber for the weight. the freason im not cutting the fram to legnth of the tank i plan on having my life reef refugium and ato will be underneath the tank so i will need the extra room under the tank.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Route your plumbing behind the stand and into the back of the tank, towards the corners, but away from them in order to miss the framing.

Vladthelarge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend using some 45 degree supports in the corners. They can be far enough away that it provides space fro the corner plumbing.

2x4 stands are sufficient for the weight, but the 45 degree supports can really help with twisting forces in case it gets bumped.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back