#DIYFriday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R friends!

I want to start a new project where we share DIY projects with the community. To get started, I'd love to know what kind of DIY projects you are interested in seeing!

We have one project we're ready to get started on... ;)

37884702_2226506444043735_7957564918964682752_o.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello R2R friends!

I want to start a new project where we share DIY projects with the community. To get started, I'd love to know what kind of DIY projects you are interested in seeing!

We have one project we're ready to get started on... ;)

37884702_2226506444043735_7957564918964682752_o.jpg

Curious to see what this is! HA!

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I used our handheld grater and cutting board last night and she freaked. She couldn't give me a reason why cutting up fish for dinner was delicious but cutting the same fish for fish food was disgusting but she was adamant that she didn't not want this going on in her kitchen :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she didn't not want this going on in her kitchen
Same reason i have to wait until she's gone to clean the skimmer.
Im looking for some way to handle all my testing kits, beakers, 12"thermometer, Milwaukee ect. 2-3 trips to the garage and then I catch #@!! when its spread out on the kitchen table.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I used our handheld grater and cutting board last night and she freaked. She couldn't give me a reason why cutting up fish for dinner was delicious but cutting the same fish for fish food was disgusting but she was adamant that she didn't not want this going on in her kitchen :)
Perfectly understandable, She is a woman after all!

jeffmol54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply i watch all of your guys videos and want to thank you for everything you do for the community,i personally can say i have learned so much from you and @Ryanbrs that it has made me a better reefer! pumped you just released the t5 bulb life update, just wondering if the accelerated growth with increased alk and ca2+ i still kicking and how is that going?

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply i watch all of your guys videos and want to thank you for everything you do for the community,i personally can say i have learned so much from you and @Ryanbrs that it has made me a better reefer! pumped you just released the t5 bulb life update, just wondering if the accelerated growth with increased alk and ca2+ i still kicking and how is that going?
I think we will see a results episode in the next month or so :)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you got DIY fish food covered...
here some idea off the top of my head:

DIY remote sand bed filter
DIY ATS
DIY rock
DIY alage reactor
DIY LED/T5 combo build
DIY all plywood stand
DIY coral *** plugs
DIY skimmer
DIY controller (think open source reef pi)
DIY acrylic fish acclamation box
DIY HOB fuge for those small tanks

man I could go on and on..

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking as somebody with a reef-tank loving, pescatarian fiancé, I hear ya... I got chided for the same thing ;Dead

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you covered alot, how about a update of those? My project list
finish mix station w/ato/awc...(what fitting goes into the bulkhead on the tank NPT doesn't feel right)
add filter baffle to keep cheato out of skimmer/ gaurds on intake?, cor pumps too
acrylic tray for doser
More Better t5 Hybrid stand/hanger
Ulm nitrate dosing in top-off been done?
Bubble Algae /cheato/Vibrant how to deal with that
how to keep the wife from yelling "Another One!" when a box is left on the porch
BTW making my own frozen is something I would like to see
THX for doing the heavy work

Stonekeg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to start by echoing what @jeffmol54 said. You folks at BRS rock, and have been an invaluable resource as I quickly needed to know a great deal about the business. Thank you for all of the work that you do. I'm sure we'll meet at some point during one of the conventions, and I'll be sure to say hello.

Ok, on to the topic. What about a DIY series that goes from zero to hero? As in, the entire tank is as DIY as one can get. Sort of like 52 weeks where we follow a single tank as it grows bit by bit, but guided under the pretense that everything is as DIY or low budget as possible. You could get extra nerdy as the viewers should already have some clue about the gear they're trying to create.

Then you could follow up with a bit of compare and contrast between the DIY and 52 Weeks, so that anyone trying to go one way or another has some great examples to work with.

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on DIY plywood stand. I've built a plywood stand but it was for smaller tanks. Curious how much wait a plywood stand can really support. Also want to see what the best way to build them is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back