OP
DLuce510

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick up date! Its been a while. Had some funky stuff happen and things got weird. Sick fish, algae bloom parameter swings, but things are back to normal.
20180408_194306.jpg

I'll get a white light shot later this week. Happy reefing!

OP
OP
DLuce510

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleared up some realestate!
That massive Bubble Gum Digi was taking up alot of space and in my opinion, although a great looking piece, is not show case worthy for front and center of the display.
20180506_160950.jpg

First I hacked the crap out of it and saved the nicest branches. Then placed epoxy over the massive base. I can now place 3-4 show piece Acros in that spot.
20180506_161032.jpg

Next I epoxied and glued a new branch in a lower light and open space where it can completely take over and placed the nicest branches on it.
20180506_161610.jpg

Then I pruned two big branches from the Tort and no name next to it. They were growing into each other and closing space off for the Walt Disney in the middle.
20180506_161414.jpg

Pretty happy with everything. The system is sucking up Ca and ALK which tells me it growing. Currently running calcium reactor at 6.5 @20 drops per 10sec. And 24mls of Triton core7 a day.
Stay passionate!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DLuce510

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Turn of Misfortune

I often inspect my Acros throuht out the day. Ive been off work lately and I've been getting some extra glass time. A few days ago, on one of my Acros inspections, I noticed some bite marks on the underside of one of my corals. I dipped it and sure enough a couple of FLAT WORMS! Immediately put it in my refugium for 7 weeks of dipping. Couple days later more bite marks and more Acros removed. Several days later, more!

So now all my Acros are out of the display in my new frag tank and under going 10 weeks of Coral Rx dips every 5 days.

Acroless Display
20180527_162448.jpg

All encrusted areas have been glued and epoxied over to kill food source. My display looks naked!

Frag Tank
20180527_180248.jpg

Every Acro I own. It is absolutely jam packed in there! I have it set up to pull the whole rack and dip all frags to mini colonies in one shot, then colonies after.

Not All Bad
20180527_124517.jpg

I'm really glad I caught this early before I lost anything. Most corals had nothing on them and they seem happy with dips, like a fresh shower on a humid day. Also I get to notice features of some corals I hadn't noticed before. This one (pictured) was kind of hidden in the back on the left side of my display. I never seen how beautiful it really is. An absolutley killer $40 frag from around 8 months ago. This expirence, if it goes smoothly, will also alow me to better place some of these. Very hopeful and optamistic and this point!

Stay passionate!

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Turn of Misfortune

I often inspect my Acros throuht out the day. Ive been off work lately and I've been getting some extra glass time. A few days ago, on one of my Acros inspections, I noticed some bite marks on the underside of one of my corals. I dipped it and sure enough a couple of FLAT WORMS! Immediately put it in my refugium for 7 weeks of dipping. Couple days later more bite marks and more Acros removed. Several days later, more!

So now all my Acros are out of the display in my new frag tank and under going 10 weeks of Coral Rx dips every 5 days.

Acroless Display
20180527_162448.jpg

All encrusted areas have been glued and epoxied over to kill food source. My display looks naked!

Frag Tank
20180527_180248.jpg

Every Acro I own. It is absolutely jam packed in there! I have it set up to pull the whole rack and dip all frags to mini colonies in one shot, then colonies after.

Not All Bad
20180527_124517.jpg

I'm really glad I caught this early before I lost anything. Most corals had nothing on them and they seem happy with dips, like a fresh shower on a humid day. Also I get to notice features of some corals I hadn't noticed before. This one (pictured) was kind of hidden in the back on the left side of my display. I never seen how beautiful it really is. An absolutley killer $40 frag from around 8 months ago. This expirence, if it goes smoothly, will also alow me to better place some of these. Very hopeful and optamistic and this point!

Stay passionate!

Beautiful tanks. Nice early catch on the FW. Best of luck on full recovery!

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank and journey! Thanks for sharing. This is a great inspiration for the 120 I'm working on right now.

OP
OP
DLuce510

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say I'm currently selling off every thing right now. Didnt have time to give the care the animals deserve.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say I'm currently selling off every thing right now. Didnt have time to give the care the animals deserve.
Well that's a very mature attitude. Best of luck. Hopefully you find your way back to the hobby soon.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back