OP
OP
Dnoob

Dnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed huge amount of cyano from the reef yesterday. I changed 10% of water at the same time. I hope that the cyano will leave the building like Elvis as soon as possible, if I keep doing mechanic cleaning on the sand and change the water at the same time. Who knows, this could last forewer

E9154752-FF7F-4D02-B239-EAB1042DE0E1.jpeg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is a serious upgrade.
Congratulations.

JasonNL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank and you will like the Profilux and KH director. It really helps me on a daily basis. In your first message you mentioned setting up a flow diverter from DerKroon but do not see any updates on that, did you ever install this as I'm looking to get one of these myselve but do not see to many reviews lately on this one.

OP
OP
Dnoob

Dnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't buy DeKroon products. Totally crap. The guality of the product is similar as blind monkey has done it. I tried with two first model diverters and one second model diverter.

OP
OP
Dnoob

Dnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rescue a fish from other reefers sump. It was living there because the owner didn't know it will eat zoathuses and other soft corals. I hope it has better place in my tank. It's not a big tank but bigger than sump.

327AF4DC-F855-49A2-80C1-CCEF94640BB5.jpeg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.
Your corals are huge.

OP
OP
Dnoob

Dnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.
Your corals are huge.

Thanks, they are growing faster than ever. I made some changes on the sump and took all the equipment off expect the skimmer. It seems that when the water is managed by natural biological balance and not with the filtters/pellets/active carbon/phosphate remover/reactors the corals are growing faster and took all the colors really nicely.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, they are growing faster than ever. I made some changes on the sump and took all the equipment off expect the skimmer. It seems that when the water is managed by natural biological balance and not with the filtters/pellets/active carbon/phosphate remover/reactors the corals are growing faster and took all the colors really nicely.

Glad to read this.
My tank is almost running the same way.
I just still have a UV filter plugged in, together with the skimmer.

OP
OP
Dnoob

Dnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to find someone who thinks the same. Why you running UV? Do you have some parasites or disease in the tank? I had UV filter years a go and then I release that it will sterilize all the good bacters and pods also and could effects the natural water balance. I could be wrong but thats why I took it off and haven't had it sense that. All the fishes are healty and corals looks fine :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dnoob

Dnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have: 5*AIHydra 52 (not HD), 4*Coral Box QP16 streams, Coral Box Cloud 9 Skimmer, Jebao 6000 return pump, Tunzen ATO ( I have Profilux water level sensor in the Replcement water tank that alarms when there is about 2 inch water left). Profilux 4 Mega set ja KH Director, GHL 2.1 doser (4 channels) and GrotechsTAG 3 doser.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to find someone who thinks the same. Why you running UV? Do you have some parasites or disease in the tank? I had UV filter years a go and then I release that it will sterilize all the good bacters and pods also and could effects the natural water balance. I could be wrong but thats why I took it off and haven't had it sense that. All the fishes are healty and corals looks fine :)

Yes, I started with biopellets and rowaphos but found out that the tank reached its balance so I took those offline.
I like the UV as it polishes the water.
I believe that the beneficial bacteria and pods are located in the rocks and on other substrate and do not get caught in the UV sterilization.
I had white spot before on the tangs and like to keep the UV running for now.
Maybe in the future I' ll take it off and see how this affects the tank. For now things are running smooth as it is.

I also add on a weekly basis some extra bacteria to the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back