Do all fish sleep?

ScubaSkeets

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2020
Messages
515
Reaction score
377
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank lights are full off from 7PM to 9AM with an hour ramp up/down.
I have a weird sleeping pattern so I wake up at various times and I'll take a peek into the aquarium. Sometimes midnight, sometimes 130AM, 3AM, 5AM, etc...just different times throughout the night. I'll make sure not to startle the fish and the only light is the ambient light from the LEDs.
And no matter what time I check, my Heniochus Butterfly is swimming around! The Tangs, Anthias', Clowns, Wrasse, Blue Spotted Puffer, etc, are hiding/sleeping, but not the Heniochus! He NEVER seems to be sleeping!
Is it possible that he just doesn't sleep?
 
My tank lights are full off from 7PM to 9AM with an hour ramp up/down.
I have a weird sleeping pattern so I wake up at various times and I'll take a peek into the aquarium. Sometimes midnight, sometimes 130AM, 3AM, 5AM, etc...just different times throughout the night. I'll make sure not to startle the fish and the only light is the ambient light from the LEDs.
And no matter what time I check, my Heniochus Butterfly is swimming around! The Tangs, Anthias', Clowns, Wrasse, Blue Spotted Puffer, etc, are hiding/sleeping, but not the Heniochus! He NEVER seems to be sleeping!
Is it possible that he just doesn't sleep?
He probably sleeps lol just now when you look in! My purple tang was like that too. She never looked like she slept. My naso tang now is always swimming around like that too lol but they have to sleep
 
My clown will sometimes look dead in the corner of my tank. Nope, he is just sleeping.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new