Do I have a Fungal Overtake

BirdRockReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I blasted the white lights to do a good cleaning of my tank today. I noticed so weird white fungus/sponge growing on some of my corals. Are they all connected? Is it separate issues? Any advice?

Excuse the floating algae. Big scraping and scrubbing day.

F55389DE-C3FA-4F42-9B55-215D90F55679.jpeg 1B2C4AFC-C2D4-4689-9025-8CC83D8172EB.jpeg DF2D58C9-3EFB-4D85-BBB9-28DF4CF7D0FD.jpeg DED38346-FD36-46DC-BCB9-7736938B3D82.jpeg
 
These look more in line with a sea sponge instead. Looks safe to me.
 
Will they smother the coral at all? Or will corals not really care?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new