• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Do not buy from @peteyspizza

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipped me some zoas via usps that were delayed and never opened when they arrived and left me high and dry in spite of saying that they would make it right if they didn’t work out (prolly because they are shipping usps which should never be done with corals imo). So many quality sellers on here, they aren’t one don’t give them your business they won’t take care of you the way others here will!!! Here is our back and fourth

93B6856A-3635-4203-B0D9-63A3FF3BD203.png 487316AC-26B7-4542-A298-1A2AFAB08859.png F785FB65-76D9-45E7-9042-992358BB16BF.png D4596250-2024-4338-A552-D0E067999FAD.png F259115C-C350-45AE-A80E-C9A8BD36A021.png CFB42DAC-9F6B-4E50-9BC2-F246EC56EEF6.png

Last edited:

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - You were informed the zoas were to be shipped USPS Priority mail - you agreed
2 - You were informed that if the zoas were not doing well when they arrived, to let us know. And yes we would have made it right. (in the bag, within an hour of delivery!!)
3 - Package was delivered Friday - we didnt hear from you (did you open the box?) It is at this time that you should have contacted us if you were at all concerned with the coral's health after shipping.
4 - Saturday still no word from you (have you opened the box??)
5 - Sunday still no word from you (still wondering if the box has been opened)
6 - Wasnt until Monday that you said anything, and that was just polyps are not open.
7 - Tuesday you said dipped for the second time
8 - Wed. - You dipped again (3rd dip)
9 - Thurs. - Dipped a fourth time????

So now the zoas dont look good? I am not surprised. If they were not stressed from shipping, the constant dipping will surely stress them.
The coral came with a DOA guarantee and we will gladly replace any coral that has suffered any problems in shipping. Like Peter told you. In the first hour - not the following week.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I opened the box immediately, acclimated as normal and they looked like crap. I was under the impression after speaking with you prior to delivery, because they were delayed via USPS (shocker they were delayed, and I agreed because I had no choice, that’s how you ship and which I regret because it’s an asinine way to ship corals - lesson learned) that if there was an issue you would make it right so didn’t freak out when they arrived after 4 DAYS. I was willing to give it a few days and give you the benefit of the doubt but they turned south. My qt tank is fine, I’ve never had ANY issue with ANY zoas I’ve bought from ANYONE else on R2R. No one should buy anything from you, period. Good luck!

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kicker is it was a $150 purchase, nothing. I feel for anyone that buys any coral from you that actually costs some dough. I hope that sharing my experience with you here will help others to avoid the headache, finger pointing and effort (time is money) to just try to get a fair and honest deal. Good riddance you guys won’t last.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And for the record the reason I dipped them numerous times is because they have zoa pox and I don’t want to wipe out my qt full of zoas. Zoa pox...dipped. Two days later same thing...dipped again. Quit pointing the finger and own it like a real business owner

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the more I read your reply the angrier I get. I reached out to you PRIOR to these zoas being delivered because I was concerned they may not make it. And you have the gall to think I received the box I was worried about, delayed, and just ignored it for the weekend? GMAFB...that makes zero sense. You guys are the lowest of the low in the seller ranks. You accuse your customers of crap who want nothing but a healthy coral and try to pass the blame. All I asked for was fairness, and you failed miserably. Brutal

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder that this is a feedback thread. Only the buyer and seller are permitted to post. You may link to your own feedback thread regarding the parties involved.

Crabs

peteyspizza

View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone reading this- Hi, I am Peter. I joined this hobby when I was 13 years old. I am currently 16 and going into junior year in high school. I have been taking charge in the selling department of our garage reef tank setup. Over time we have sold hundreds of extremely affordable corals to hundreds of local reefers, and given away just as many. We are not in this hobby to make money. In fact, ever since we joined, we were appalled at the ridiculously high prices of corals, and have priced our corals at just high enough to pay for our hobby, and low enough to the point where nearly anyone can afford any coral we have.

I’ve been letting my partner @Daddy-o deal with most of the responses as I have been at a loss of what to say or do. After having some time to think of what to say, I’m writing my response to this thread.

Phil, known on R2R as @Lebreton33 -- texted me after seeing one of my for sale threads. The first one I ever offered shipping on. Immediately after posting I received many orders, due partially to our extremely low prices. After texting back and forth, Phil placed an order for a colony of Rainbow Hornet Zoas, 100+ polyps for $150. On that for sale thread, I made my shipping methods very clear to everyone who viewed it. I also posted my DOA policy at the bottom of the thread, still unedited and visible to this day. I didn’t want any mix-ups with people that would leave customers unsatisfied. On Thursday, July 23rd, a full 4 days before I shipped Phil his corals, I double checked that he was aware that I was shipping USPS Priority mail. He confirmed he was okay with that. I shipped the zoanthid colony on Monday, July 27th and sent Phil his tracking. On that Thursday Phil told me that the colony had not been delivered yet and asked for my DOA policy again. Visible in our text conversation (posted above) I make it clear that, (my words exactly) “to claim you must show coral doa in unopened original packaging within 1 hour of delivery receipt time”. Below this text, Phil tells me that he owns a business that uses only USPS Priority mail and is aware of the shipping delays. In my policy that was posted not only on the for sale thread he contacted me from, but also texted directly to him, I make it clear that I am not responsible for shipping delays. Nor am I responsible for something I could not have prevented. Farther down in our conversation I tell him, “let me know their condition when they arrive and we will move from there. (he then tells me they won’t arrive until tomorrow). After that, I received zero communication from Phil until Monday, and it was just that the corals haven’t opened. Phil then dips the corals another 2-3(?) times (his story has been changing so I am unaware of the truth. First it was because “they are not looking too good” and then his story switches to something along the lines of zoa pox???). On Thursday Phil texts me telling me then tells me that the zoas are starting to smell (after nearly a full week in his system) and asks me what I propose as a fair solution. In my response to him I told him that unfortunately since the corals have been in his unknown system with unknown parameters, subjected to numerous stresses that are out of our control, I would not be issuing a refund. Phil then attacked and attempted to derail not only the sale thread he responded to, but also a completely different sale thread that wasn’t even offering shipping. When his posts were removed for violating R2R policy, he then opened this thread and once again made many hurtful statements about me, my corals, and my shipping methods. He then opened a PayPal claim to try to get his money back, stating that the “coral arrived half dead”, which it didn’t, that the “coral is now dead”, which it isn’t, and that he “didn’t realize” that to claim DOA I must receive a picture of the “DOA” coral within 1 hour, and not within 1 week, which I made abundantly clear to him.

This whole experience has been extremely hurtful to me. My reputation that I have spent years building is something that’s very important to me, as is this hobby and the way I afford it. When someone puts forth this much effort to try to destroy the reputation and the livelihood of a 16 year old high school student doing his absolute best, I see it as a personal attack and incredibly hurtful.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me respond...first of all, my intent is not to destroy anyone's business. But I do think that reefers here need to be aware of what transpired between us, which is why I created this thread. At the end of the day, I've got a dead zoa coral, among a QT of thriving zoa corals, and I'm out $170. So no coral, no $170. That makes me unhappy and quite frankly, I've never had this experience in this industry buying corals where I spent my hard earned money and received nothing in return. I don't think that's fair which is which I've made a big stink out of this - I don't want other reefers to experience what I've experienced as well. With that said, the real issue here is shipping USPS, which I agreed to so that's on me. I'll never do it again. I was told 1-3 days. Arriving on day 3 would be pushing it I feel, but it arrived on day 4 (Shipped on Monday, arrived on Friday). As soon as I saw it was delayed I reached out to the seller and indicated I was worried. He basically eased my worries saying he would take care of it, make it right if there was an issue - so I trusted him. My feeling with him saying this was "don't worry, let's see how this coral does when it arrives and gets settled in and we'll figure it out but I'll make it right". So I basically let my guard down, that's my mistake. What I should have done was photographed it in the bag, and taken photos every few hours so that I had a record of how poorly the piece was doing. Let me talk about why I didn't do that...I'm reasonable and the sellers I have dealt with in the past are reasonable and I've never had an issue on R2R. Ask ANY of the sellers I've worked with on R2R and they will tell you the same. I'm human, we were communicating in a way that I was making him aware of a potential problem and he said he would make it right if said potential problem became real. So it came in on Friday midday, I acclimated as I usually do and placed the piece in my tank with all my other OPEN zoas. The piece looked more beat up than normal, but I was hopeful. By Monday evening it had a white film on the front 1/3 of it, or zoa pox. The piece is now in the trash BTW. So I reached out to seller. Truthfully, I wasn't even looking for a refund...I wanted to talk about getting another specimen. I would have even paid the shipping. I knew the USPS wasn't his fault, and that I had agreed to him using them, but at the same time I had paid $170 for a coral that died and I wasn't happy with that result. Well the response I got was not at all what I expected. It was defensive, there were accusations thrown at me that I didn't find fair, and zero willingness to even offer to help me in any way. You can read it, it's at the top of this thread (our back and fourth over text). Well that really set me off because I felt picture or no picture (as I said we had discussed the possibility of the piece not coming in great due to being delayed), he treated me not like a human being but like a transaction. So I'm sorry if his selling reputation takes a slight hit but hopefully this experience will teach him that even when someone doesn't take a pic, people in the R2R community deserve the benefit of the doubt on whether or not they are being honest and sincere and attempts should be made to work with them. If not you wind up like me - out $170 with no coral to show for it so for him to play the victim card is not one bit fair.

1DAAEB00-BB81-4CA6-A704-2D9B45AA969C.jpeg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back