• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My Experience With @peteyspizza and @Daddy-o

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Urban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is listed below is a copy of something I posted on another feedback thread with a response to a buyer, along with my experience with @peteyspizza and @daddy-0. I did not realize at the time that I could not post within a feedback thread between a buyer and seller, and apologize for doing so. My response is to a thread that should not be listed within this forum too far away from this one:

"I usually refrain from commenting on posts like this. Man it truly sucks that you wound up losing the zoas, and the fact that it took four days does too, but I have to defend the seller on this one. He clearly stated he had a DOA policy, and what it was.

I have dealt with Peter and Mark more times than I can count, and I have countless corals that came from them. Initially I stumbled across them on this forum and could not believe their prices, but it also just so happened that their setup was within driving distance. I was invited over, and have actually visited their home and have seen their setups, and in my opinion, they’re two of the finest people I’ve ever met; I feel like anybody who has spent any time talking to them will agree. This is someone with a garage operation that they have grown out to such an impressive extent that I have actually told people that even if they didn't buy anything they should stop by and look if they are in the area; it looks like a small mariculture facility. These are guys who sell frags for $20-$80 that you would normally purchase from a vendor for several hundred dollars (specifically I am referring to the Walt Disney and Homewrecker frags). These guys are supporting their hobby by selling frags for just enough to do so, and because of them there are a LOT of hobbyists in the Bay Area that now have frags in their tank that they probably otherwise would not (me included). As a grown man, I have yet to come up with a way to turn my hobby into a profession, but Peter - who is still in high school - has helped lead the way for this one.

This is a father and son team who love the hobby, and I feel like a lot of what was said was a little much. I realize that we live in a world with many individuals who hold their head high because of their status as a warrior - albeit one of the keyboard variety - but to have visited these guys, and feel like I know them personally, I could not refrain from saying something. I have had plenty of unpleasant customer service experiences. With some I have gotten my way, and with some I have not. Regardless of either, I don't believe I could put a father/son duo on blast within what is probably the best forum online for reefers, and say not to buy from them over one experience. I wish that within our society, we could occasionally take a moment to reflect on the fact that there is a face behind whatever avatar they may use (I keep one of my mug on here because I am comfortable with ugly, but have a fish for a pic on FB because I don't want to be hunted down). Are they to the point? Yep! To be completely honest, Mark is probably one of the most assertive people I have ever met, but dude, he’s also one of the kindest. I’ve been PO’d about losses plenty of times (I started this hobby as a teenager and am now 36), but I don’t think they’re to blame for this one after seeing the initial conversation; I have found them to be nothing but reasonable. My intention is not to further anger another buyer, or add fuel to any fire. As I said earlier, I usually refrain from things like this and was going to stay out of it, but to be completely honest, when I saw who it was about it bothered me to the point that I had to say something. It bothered me to the point that even though my first post - which was made at 5:00 this morning - was deleted (because even though it was unintentional I was wrong), 14 hours later I am taking the time to hopefully share my experience properly.

The post was pretty harsh, and in the midst of this pandemic, it could do some real damage. You attract more flies with honey than vinegar, and I feel like in this case if the approach had been a little different the end result would have been as well. I can’t speak for them, but based on my experiences with them I can almost guarantee it. To me their operation at this point has almost been like a well kept secret in this area, and I bet there aren't many on this board who would not have wanted to be Peter at his age. I’ve been sending numerous hobbyists their way, and I will continue to do so. I remember starting out and not being able to afford pieces that I wanted desperately, and with the prices now I definitely wouldn’t be able to if I was a beginning hobbyist, especially if I was in school. These guys would have made that possible if I had known them then though, and honestly I hope more people that have dealt with them (especially locally) will jump in on this one. Google the prices of some of the pieces he sells and compare them to online vendors. It’s INSANE, but he does it to make just enough to support his own hobby and provide other people with a chance to have nice pieces. I know this because he told me this the first time I met him. There are companies and individuals who will take a frag, slap a few consonants before its name, and call it something catchy, and then turn around and put a frag that is about the same size in diameter as pube up for sale for several hundred dollars. Are they doing anything wrong? No, they aren't. There are also companies, and individuals who will take the same frag - regardless of how they came across it, but oftentimes after they have paid a premium themselves - and then sell it for a fraction of what you will find elsewhere. The latter of those two describe Peter and Mark. Peter, you're rocking it already dude, but since someone else decided to call your character into the midst of things and has made it a topic, my hope is that what I have seen exhibited in terms of your work ethic, drive, hustle, humbleness, and honesty will rub off on others. If you are an example of the up and coming hobbyist, or for that matter teenager (however old you are in), we are in good hands my man.

Again, I hate hearing about the loss, but these guys make a lot of things possible for people when it comes to owning coral they otherwise would not be able to. Even after saying that some of the pieces I was purchasing should be priced higher neither of them changed the price. I cannot recommend these two enough."

- Dustin

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back