I have a bunch that came with my setup and was just wondering.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I’ve seen wide variations in the Hanna salinity calibration fluid. I got my checker and packs from my LFS and the checker was always way off. I got some new packs online and they were closer for a while - so in my experience they are not consistent- whether that is due to age or due to tolerance I can’t say for sure.
What I do anymore is I calibrate my Hanna checker with freshly mixed saltwater that measures 1.026 at 77 degrees using a tropic-marine hydrometer and just for kicks occasionally double-check with my instant ocean swing arm hydrometer which is always spot on. When I do that, I find I get extremely consistent results with the Hanna checker and rarely have to recalibrate while when using the Hanna calibration solutions I could not trust the results