Do the tips of torch corals grow back?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kartrsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kartrsu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
874
Reaction score
580
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a blue tang chew some tips of my torches. Looked like amputations of the ball at the end. Do those ever grow back with time. The coral is healed but lacking the stinger at the end.

39D04755-77C2-4A79-96EC-1763AACDF302.jpeg
 
bump

I don't think so, but I'm really not sure about that answer.

Good luck
 
Had a blue tang chew some tips of my torches. Looked like amputations of the ball at the end. Do those ever grow back with time. The coral is healed but lacking the stinger at the end.

39D04755-77C2-4A79-96EC-1763AACDF302.jpeg
Did those grow back? I have a similar situation and will appreciate your help.
 
My blue tang bit off a bunch of torches tips. They all grew back after I took out the trouble maker.
 
I had a gyre accidentally dice up 3 heads of a large dragon soul torch mainly at the tips. within few days amazingly it’s already healed and coming back like normal .
 
Had hammers lost 2-3 polyps when i dipped and agitated the water. Dont seem like they grow back. But they grow new ones.. thats what its looking like.. if that makes sense
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new