Do we trust Divers Den?

codytbuckner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished reading about divers den quarantine process and it seems like a pretty thought out and thorough process. What is everyone’s thoughts on fish from DD? Has anyone ever had problems and do you trust them to be disease free for the most part?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never bought fish from there before. But with that said I wouldn’t trust that fish was QTed properly. They have so many fish come in and out I’m sure something has slipped by. I trust my own QT process and I would recommend you do the same!

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stocked my tank with everything but the tangs from them and i did not have any issues, not one lost fish, in fact the trio of cardinal fish i bought were a day late and stuck in dallas and thought for sure they would be DOA, they arrived healthy and with no issues.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish I've ordered from DD have been very hardy. It's still tough to say with certainty that their QT is a complete process. I still QT'd all the DD fish before I put them in the DT. I do believe them arriving healthy helped the QT process go smoothly. All of my DD orders were in the last 8-12 months. All are still alive, but that's not really a long term example.

OP
OP
C

codytbuckner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

40ozboys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would always QT all my fish/corals, Can never be too safe, I only trust myself.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The advertised QT process is insufficient to prevent diseases. Two weeks is insufficient time to properly diagnose and treat the majority of common diseases. Plus the use of shared systems and the number of fish handled by DD on a daily basis, I have very little confidence in the fish being disease free. DD fish are better acclimated to captivity than most other sources, but not properly QT'd.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
DD does. They have a whole QT process. Check out what they say on their website.

I trust what I can see in front of me.
Not only is the quarantine period for medicating against disease and parasites, it's also a observation and settling in period.
They get used to me bringing food and being around.

If a mistake happens, then it's on me.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've picked up fish at DD and LA. I quarantined them all.
I trust no one but myself.
+1 to this.
Even DD themselves will tell you to still QT their fish.

anonomous09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of my fish are from Divers Den. I have had zero issues. I also just got a batch from Pacific East Aquaculture without issue!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DD fish are conditioned and treated as needed for two weeks minimum.. They are in no way guaranteed disease free. Most fish are fine but I did have a starkii damsel come with brook in the bag. A friend of mine had a tang develop ich.

There are vendors that do a full QT protocols. DD is not one of them but can provide conditioned fish.

Again... Two weeks and treated as needed. Not a actual process that will eradicate disease... They even say to QT fish you buy from them.

I just finished reading about divers den quarantine process and it seems like a pretty thought out and thorough process. What is everyone’s thoughts on fish from DD? Has anyone ever had problems and do you trust them to be disease free for the most part?

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i would still quarantine thats why i dont pay their ridiculous prices for fish!!!

CoralsAddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a white lined blenny arrive with ich. It seemed innocent and I didn't expect it from a blenny. Skipped QT and paid the price. I ended up QTing 5 fishes instead of 1. So, no I don't trust DD QT protocol. It's more conditioning than true QT.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back