OP
OP
C

codytbuckner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DD fish are conditioned and treated as needed for two weeks minimum.. They are in no way guaranteed disease free. Most fish are fine but I did have a starkii damsel come with brook in the bag. A friend of mine had a tang develop ich.

There are vendors that do a full QT protocols. DD is not one of them but can provide conditioned fish.

Again... Two weeks and treated as needed. Not a actual process that will eradicate disease... They even say to QT fish you buy from them.
What are some vendors that do full QT?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Achilles from them that went straight into an established QT tank and 2 weeks in it was covered with Ick so conditioned yes, disease free no.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Sailfin from them that had classical didn't of a parasitic infection. Lucky he was in QT and didn't wipe out my DT. There is no substitute to medicated QT. Put the work in early on to enjoy the fish for years to come.

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a fish with pop eye and wouldn’t eat they didn’t want to replace the fish.eventually died in qt

S&A REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarentined Fish LLC
Quarantined Marine
Marine Collectors
There’s no company that’s sells fully quarantined fish at this time without requesting it and paying extra to my knowledge just because of the simple fact there’s no way for the purchaser of the fish to prove that there system is disease free. There’s a few companies that sell pre conditioned fish and a couple that will fully quarantine if you request and pay the extra money for it but there’s absolutely no one that will guarantee any fish is disease free.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no company that’s sells fully quarantined fish at this time without requesting it and paying extra to my knowledge just because of the simple fact there’s no way for the purchaser of the fish to prove that there system is disease free. There’s a few companies that sell pre conditioned fish and a couple that will fully quarantine if you request and pay the extra money for it but there’s absolutely no one that will guarantee any fish is disease free.

Ofc you can't guarantee as there are resistant strains and the acts of god... but these suppliers treat the fish per the protocols laid out on this forum to eradicate disease prophylactically.

The cost is higher than a LFS but some fish are cheaper than DD/LA who's prices have gotten insane.

These suppliers are as close as you will get.

A added bonus over LA is you will be in contact with the person doing this (it's small scale obviously) and get videos of your particular fish and info with what they are eating instead of just talking to a LA representative.

Last edited:

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the tank - transfer - method of QT on all arrivals, Divers Den or otherwise. It helps me get acquainted with the fish and gives them a chance to settle down and start eating. I start the first transfer after they've started eating, and treat with Prazi on the last two transfers. Nothing has made it past, at least not that I've noticed.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish from DD are not disease free, nor does the company claim they are.

Fish from DD are conditioned to captive life, eating and generally in good condition when they arrive eat your door. This allows them to handle shipping, acclimation and QT well.

I trust them for that.

jgg1133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made two separate purchases on DD. Both shipments arrived with healthy fish. I had an anthias die within the warranty period and it was quite alot of back and fourth to get a refund but eventually it all worked out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back