Do you clean your RODI system once a year?

Do you clean your RODI system? If so, what do you clean with?

  • I clean with soap.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I clean with bleach.

    Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I clean with soap and bleach.

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I rarely clean.

    Votes: 8 13.8%
  • I never clean.

    Votes: 42 72.4%

  • Total voters
    58
BTW...forget to mention. Always use unscented bleach as the scented bleach products can have some funky detergents in them. I nuked several tangs one year unknowingly cleaning filter socks with scented bleach. Despite two rinse cycles in the washer...it wasn’t enough to get it out.

I’ve also seen this happen when people rinse sand. I always try to buy the cheapest unscented bleach I can find. It’s less likely to have detergent in it.
In addition to unscented you should not use "splashless" bleach either. It's also more difficult to rinse out thoroughly. Plain old cheap bleach FTW!
 
Here’s good pics of the food grade O-ring lubricant. Great for your Calcium Reactor and RODI. A little goes a looooog way.
ED47F2BD-A11E-4051-A50B-D7258E25CA11.jpeg
591FB54C-0E3D-460F-9707-20E82C8FD529.jpeg
A954B6F6-0758-4BB7-9C30-DE94ABF4D371.jpeg
Nice!!! I bought the big tube. Little did I know how “Little” of this stuff is needed. Ha!! If this stuff doesn’t expire, it will last me forever. Lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new