Do you have tank inhabitants that freak you out?

Do you have tank inhabitants that freak you out?

• Yes

Votes: 74 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 24 16.2%

• Total voters

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only bit once by one of my clowns, of course the female. Wasn't expecting it and BAM!!! Since then anytime I reach in I always give the shoo away motion with my hand and they go away. So far so good!

Attachments

• 20220627_190405.jpg
    20220627_190405.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220627_190409.jpg
    20220627_190409.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only bit once by one of my clowns, of course the female. Wasn't expecting it and BAM!!! Since then anytime I reach in I always give the shoo away motion with my hand and they go away. So far so good!
Beautiful clowns! How can such an innocent looking creature be so evil?! LOL The makers of Finding Nemo were way off base with that movie. Haha.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I call him Mr Freaks, they used to freak me out but now he's one of my favorites. They have spider legs, stingers on their back, and will anything they can get into their mouth.

1656386529769.png
I remember a video you posted of Mr. Freaks and a buddy of his in the corner of the tank. When Mr. Freaks moves in that video it is chilling to watch. He seriously looks like a weird hybrid of the creepy girl from The Ring and some terrifying alien in a sci-fi movie. Mr. Freaks has definitely earned his name in spades!! LOL Gotta luv the little guy but he honestly looks like someone through a bunch of random DNA into a test tube, shook it up, baked it and out popped Mr. Freaks. What was Mother Nature thinking with this guy?! ;-)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The creepiest thing I’ve ever had was a cleaner shrimp. I have a roach phobia and shrimps gross me out because of their legs and antennas.
Pistol shrimps would be perfect then, you’d rarely see it haha.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The creepiest thing I’ve ever had was a cleaner shrimp. I have a roach phobia and shrimps gross me out because of their legs and antennas.
I totally agree that some saltwater shrimp are creepy. Is it the coral banded shrimp that's the really huge one? I could never keep one of those guys. A lot of the saltwater shrimp look like they crawled straight out of a sci-fi movie. ;-)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree that some saltwater shrimp are creepy. Is it the coral banded shrimp that's the really huge one? I could never keep one of those guys. A lot of the saltwater shrimp look like they crawled straight out of a sci-fi movie. ;-)
It was a peppermint shrimp lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we had robins?
tempImageh4gktg.png
Beautiful or creepy? Got the face of a puppy, the wings of a butterfly, but the fingers of a witch.
Are these guys predatory?
He looks stunning.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these guys predatory?
He looks stunning.
Yes, get over a foot long and I hear they'll eat anything they can fit in there mouth. Just saw him at my LFS and was blown away. If I had a spare 200+gallon.... haha.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we had robins?
tempImageh4gktg.png
Beautiful or creepy? Got the face of a puppy, the wings of a butterfly, but the fingers of a witch.
Oh my gosh! This guy is stunning! I think this is a "sheep in wolf's clothing" situation but I would love to have a tank with these guys in it. Are they always out and out or have you had them pop out of nowhere making you jump sometimes?

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm adding a creature to my own thread. Hermit crabs out of their shells. I happened to catch mine right when he did a shell swap and let me put it this way... Some things can never be unseen. :) These are freaky looking when out of their shells!!! And what is with the creepy pale body?! They look so beautifully coloured from the part that pokes out of the shell but the rest of them looks like they're sporting a farmer's tan! LOL

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm adding a creature to my own thread. Hermit crabs out of their shells. I happened to catch mine right when he did a shell swap and let me put it this way... Some things can never be unseen. :) These are freaky looking when out of their shells!!! And what is with the creepy pale body?! They look so beautifully coloured from the part that pokes out of the shell but the rest of them looks like they're sporting a farmer's tan! LOL
Crab at the front, weird worm thing at the back. Definitely something you won't ever unsee!

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crab at the front, weird worm thing at the back. Definitely something you won't ever unsee!
It's like Mother Nature couldn't make up her mind what she wanted these guys to be so she threw the DNA of both into a test tube, shook it up and out popped a hermit crab!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back