Do you know the led chip used for orphek?

shine maker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the led chip used for orphek? or Do you know which company orphek manufactures led?

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too would like to know this. I have a pair of OR2's where a bunch of the LED's are burnt out, and the whole string is a brick now.

I'm highly likely to just buy a pile of epiled's and do a wholesale swap. I took mine apart, and they look like std 3W/1W chips, can't tell what brand or wattage... The wattage and voltage don't make any sense to me:

36 LED's. 60W driver. ~75VDC voltage coming off the driver.. So in theory they are getting 1.4W each? The voltage makes no sense either..

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too would like to know this. I have a pair of OR2's where a bunch of the LED's are burnt out, and the whole string is a brick now.

I'm highly likely to just buy a pile of epiled's and do a wholesale swap. I took mine apart, and they look like std 3W/1W chips, can't tell what brand or wattage... The wattage and voltage don't make any sense to me:

36 LED's. 60W driver. ~75VDC voltage coming off the driver.. So in theory they are getting 1.4W each? The voltage makes no sense either..
Most likely can replace w/ 3W Epileds or any "egg" type diode.
The voltage makes sense as does the amps.
Since they use constant current drivers..
Bigger one uses series/parallel arrangement.
OR 120: Input : Voltage:100V-240V AC .
Output : Voltage :35V-65V DC . Current :1A
Power Consumption: 65W+/_5%

Current is "split" into 2 branches at 500mA each.

Smaller ones run at 550mA and whatever voltage produces that..

Measure the voltage across the stick and multiply by current (1.00 or 0.550 depending on driver ) will give you real watts..

guysmiley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

did you end up replacing the chips if so can you let me know what you went with? like you i have a entire or2 with blown bulbs =/

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When leds came out and were only blues and whites. Diy custom was all the rage. Ppl made led lights before spending the $300 on a light. Cant remember the name of the led site. Sorry. I agree you can swap out the 3w leds with prob any bridgelux or cree 3w leds.
D

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you end up replacing the chips if so can you let me know what you went with? like you i have a entire or2 with blown bulbs =/
I posted a whole writeup with pics in the DIY forum on this, how to do it, lots of pics. I ended up swapping every LED.

I used these:

( I picked the non-PCB ones)

guysmiley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a whole writeup with pics in the DIY forum on this, how to do it, lots of pics. I ended up swapping every LED.

I used these:

( I picked the non-PCB ones)
thank you very much man awesome !

N-A-S-O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When leds came out and were only blues and whites. Diy custom was all the rage. Ppl made led lights before spending the $300 on a light. Cant remember the name of the led site. Sorry. I agree you can swap out the 3w leds with prob any bridgelux or cree 3w leds.
D
Rapidled

Back