Do you know the led chip used for orphek?

shine maker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the led chip used for orphek? or Do you know which company orphek manufactures led?
 
I too would like to know this. I have a pair of OR2's where a bunch of the LED's are burnt out, and the whole string is a brick now.

I'm highly likely to just buy a pile of epiled's and do a wholesale swap. I took mine apart, and they look like std 3W/1W chips, can't tell what brand or wattage... The wattage and voltage don't make any sense to me:

36 LED's. 60W driver. ~75VDC voltage coming off the driver.. So in theory they are getting 1.4W each? The voltage makes no sense either..
 
I too would like to know this. I have a pair of OR2's where a bunch of the LED's are burnt out, and the whole string is a brick now.

I'm highly likely to just buy a pile of epiled's and do a wholesale swap. I took mine apart, and they look like std 3W/1W chips, can't tell what brand or wattage... The wattage and voltage don't make any sense to me:

36 LED's. 60W driver. ~75VDC voltage coming off the driver.. So in theory they are getting 1.4W each? The voltage makes no sense either..
Most likely can replace w/ 3W Epileds or any "egg" type diode.
The voltage makes sense as does the amps.
Since they use constant current drivers..
Bigger one uses series/parallel arrangement.
OR 120: Input : Voltage:100V-240V AC .
Output : Voltage :35V-65V DC . Current :1A
Power Consumption: 65W+/_5%

Current is "split" into 2 branches at 500mA each.

Smaller ones run at 550mA and whatever voltage produces that..

Measure the voltage across the stick and multiply by current (1.00 or 0.550 depending on driver ) will give you real watts..
 
I too would like to know this. I have a pair of OR2's where a bunch of the LED's are burnt out, and the whole string is a brick now.

I'm highly likely to just buy a pile of epiled's and do a wholesale swap. I took mine apart, and they look like std 3W/1W chips, can't tell what brand or wattage... The wattage and voltage don't make any sense to me:

36 LED's. 60W driver. ~75VDC voltage coming off the driver.. So in theory they are getting 1.4W each? The voltage makes no sense either..
did you end up replacing the chips if so can you let me know what you went with? like you i have a entire or2 with blown bulbs =/
 
When leds came out and were only blues and whites. Diy custom was all the rage. Ppl made led lights before spending the $300 on a light. Cant remember the name of the led site. Sorry. I agree you can swap out the 3w leds with prob any bridgelux or cree 3w leds.
D
 
When leds came out and were only blues and whites. Diy custom was all the rage. Ppl made led lights before spending the $300 on a light. Cant remember the name of the led site. Sorry. I agree you can swap out the 3w leds with prob any bridgelux or cree 3w leds.
D
Rapidled
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new