• I've got to many to even begin remembering names

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious how common it is for people to name their fish/corals/inverts etc. I have been coming up with names for mine and was wondering if that was normal. Share your names below if you have them!

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in interest of sharing mine, I was trying to net my first clownfish into the tank (I pour the bag of water into a small tank that floats in my main tank with the fish to acclimate, then when the salinity and pH are matched close enough I net the fish and put them in the main tank) but the little bugger kept jumping out of the net. in frustration I yelled "BILBO BAGGINS! I AM NOT TRYING TO HARM YOU! I am trying to help you." shortly after I got him netted and into the tank, so I decided on a LOTR naming scheme, but since I got a pair of clowns, he didn't actually end up being Bilbo, I've got the clowns, Frodo and Samwise, a coral beauty angelfish named Aragorn, a yellow tail blue damsel named Boromir (because he is fancy but grumpy), a Royal Gramma named Gimli (because he digs), a hermit crab named Sméagol, and a beautiful new Flame Fin Tang that has been named Gandalf the Grey. I also have the 8 snails which are unnamed hobbits 1-8, because I can't even find all of them half the time XD

WV Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Everybody! 2 clownfish - Nemo and Marlin. Nemo happened to be female lol. A Pajama Cardinal - PJ. A green Chromis - Shimmer. A Cleaner Shrimp - Sabastian, A Blue Legged Hermit Crab - Eugene. An Emerald Crab - Emmitt. Then we got 2 more Blue legged Hermit Crabs - Keith and Kevin (Hodge Twins lol). There are 5 snails, all named Gary.

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Everybody! 2 clownfish - Nemo and Marlin. Nemo happened to be female lol. A Pajama Cardinal - PJ. A green Chromis - Shimmer. A Cleaner Shrimp - Sabastian, A Blue Legged Hermit Crab - Eugene. An Emerald Crab - Emmitt. Then we got 2 more Blue legged Hermit Crabs - Keith and Kevin (Hodge Twins lol). There are 5 snails, all named Gary.
ALL THE SNAILS ARE GARY I'M DEAD YOUR TANK IS SO CUTE!!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fernando - the urchin
Versace - Valentini Puffer
F***ing French Guy - my female clown
Matilda - My male clown (whoops, wait to name after they transition)
Big Yellow ***hole - Electric Yellow Cichlid
White Claw - OB Peacock Cichlid with a jaw deformity

I only name some of them and the remainder I call by the type of fish they are. I have about 30 Cichlids so it became tedious and they can look very similar.

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 8 year old daughter tries to name everything, including individual hermit crabs
1605885828368.png

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fernando - the urchin
Versace - Valentini Puffer
F***ing French Guy - my female clown
Matilda - My male clown (whoops, wait to name after they transition)
Big Yellow ***hole - Electric Yellow Cichlid
White Claw - OB Peacock Cichlid with a jaw deformity

I only name some of them and the remainder I call by the type of fish they are. I have about 30 Cichlids so it became tedious and they can look very similar.
I was not aware there were salt water cichlids XD I thought they were all brackish! My wife wants a Valentini puffer! don't think we're going to get one in this tank though. Love the names!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not aware there were salt water cichlids XD I thought they were all brackish! My wife wants a Valentini puffer! don't think we're going to get one in this tank though. Love the names!
Nah they are all the FW variety but figured I would include them lol

Back